Skip to main content

15 week bumpdate.

15 weeks. 

 

Gah.  Whoever said the second pregnancy flies by LIED.  Sorry, I don’t mean to complain…I really DON’T, I have ZERO reason to besides you know…I’m ready to meet these babiesJ (wait a minute, maybe I’m not quite ready to meet them…but more just ready to be a little further along…way too much to do still before they come!)  But, seriously.  I feel like I’ve already been pregnant forever.  Why does it have to take FORTY long weeks??   I am also pretty much saying around the 18 week mark is going to be my halfway.  Yep, I’m a doctor now and decided that all on my own.  No, my doctor said average twin delivery is 36 weeks and since I had Collins at 38 weeks and it went so well, my doctor pretty much told me I probably wouldn’t go past 37.  HALLELUJIA! 

 

SIZE OF BABIES:  According to ole’ baby center, these little munchkins are about 4 inches…or about the size of an APPLE.  No wonder I am showing already….TWO apples in my belly that didn’t use to be there?!?

 

SIZE OF MAMA:  Growing, growing, and growing.  I think the part that terrifies me most is thinking about WHERE IN THE HELL THESE BABIES ARE GOING TO GO come this summer?  As in …like where in my body?  I am SO short and have the shortest torso known to man….i guess my belly will just stick out like three feet?  No way am I going to avoid stretch marks this time :-(


 

HOW I FEEL:   Great.  I’ve got a pesky head cold that won’t seem to go away, but other than that I can’t complain.  I am still amazed at how much pressures I already feel in certain (ahem) areas of my body.  *See again, why I am terrified for the last couple of months* But, seriously don’t let my bitching get in the way…I feel good.  Don’t even know I’m pregnant most of the time.  I’m praying this continues for a while longer as I just know that WON’T be the feeling during the last trimester. 

 

Lastly, just want to say (even though I do complain) Mikey and I feel so incredibly grateful to be given this opportunity.  Yes, it will be CRAZY and CHAOTIC and life will be different than what we had “planned” BUT we are EXCITED.  Scared, but excited.  This is going to be one of the most challenging things I do….I still have constant worries about having a good pregnancy, delivery, having healthy babies, being able to be a good mama to THREE little ones, making sure my big girl doesn’t feel left out, etc.  BUT, I just have to have faith that GOD knew what he was doing and we WILL SURVIVE AND THRIVE.  We had to and are going to have to make life changes/dream changes for the next few years (we were never expecting to have THREE daycares at once, ouch!...or you know pay for TWICE the diapers at once) but it will all be SO worth it. 

xoxo

 

 


Comments

  1. So cute! I don't know where these babies are going to fit because you are so tiny. Belly button will fly off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sent you a crazy email! I promise I'm not crazy!!! Just clomid questions! (Which I'm sure you are so sick of!) xoxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer