Skip to main content

Bats and balls or bows and tutus?!

We are ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON excited to announce we are adding

               TWO LITTLE BOYS

                  to our family!!!!!!!

 

I seriously CANNOT believe it.  Y’all, we were so surprise and are just ELATED.  I should note that Mikey told me after my “on gender(s)” post it sounded like I didn’t want boys and that I was more excited about girls.  HUH?!?  I guess it’s a defense mechanism…I know I would have been excited about having more girls, but  ultimately I thought I made it pretty clear momma wanted a boy too!   We would have been fine either way, I think I was a little concerned that if it was two girls Collins would feel left out and I was seriously concerned for the state of our finances were we to have THREE girls.  I know, there is NOTHING you can do about it….and I am still sweating it out waiting on the big 20 week ultrasound to know how these babies are really doing.  It’s all in God’s hands and I just have to pray for the best.

 

But, y’all.  Seriously.  I cannot believe it.  The ultrasound tech was so casual and nonchalant and said right away….”well we have one little boy here”…I wasn’t quite prepared yet, but OH MY GOSH, Mikey and I just looked at each other with the BIGGEST, cheesiest grins on our faces and held hands.  I am so excited that they will be able to share a room for a LONG time and I can do a BOY nursery, YIPPPEEEE!!!  I came home last night and ordered 8 fabric swatches….wasting no time around here!  We announced at a little reveal at Collins’ birthday party……..it was so much fun!!

 

Thanking GOD for these two little blessings EVERY day.  Now on to name these babies……














Comments

  1. I have the biggest smile on my face right now! TWO BOYS! I can not believe it! So happy for the two of you! Happy Birthday Collins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two little boys, how wonderful for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!!! Can't wait to see the cute nursery for your little men :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two little boys, you are going to have so much fun dressing them! I can picture the john-johns now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer