Skip to main content

Our glorious Easter weekend. {and a seriously long picture overload!}

We celebrated Jesus' resurrection in my favorite place on Earth and it couldn't have been better. We were able to get down to Beaufort Thursday night and have a nice three day weekend in the beautiful low country. The weather was perfect, finally, after a seriously cold week. We enjoyed Easter egg hunts, Easter craft time, Easter egg dying, and a beautiful church service as a family. (Okay.... Collins only made it about 15 minutes in and she just wanted to talk a little too much;-) So, she got to play in the nursery...but the rest of the family enjoyed our sermon!) It truly was a fabulous weekend.

 I'm not going to get into my thoughts on how OVERBOARD I think people go at EASTER time...but little C got an outfit and shoes in her Easter basket, no toys for this girl! Ha! I just think it's funny how you see some people spouting off about the true meaning of Easter and then listing out 25 items that their kids get in their Easter baskets. It just all seems so braggy and unnecessary to me. *you know what i am talking about if you are on any form of social media* It's like..."oh I am so thankful HE IS RISEN...and LOOK...to celebrate that, my kid got a small fortune in gifts!!" Ridiculous. (Okay, so maybe I did let you know my thoughts on it...oops!) What happened to the days when baskets were filled with candy only? I always got candy and a bathing suit growing up...not 20 million toys, books, games, etc. Anyways, enough about that.

I am so thankful for so many loving kids in our family...Collins had the best time playing with her older cousins.  And Miss Janie was the best little babysitter!  We took the kids to a HUGE Easter EGGstravaganza at a local church, it was PACKED.  They had face painting, bounce houses, games, a puppet show, egg hunting, a petting zoo...it was insane.  But, so fun.  The puppet show was so cute because they took all these well known songs and changed the words to talk about the true meaning of Easter...obviously C is too little to get all that yet, but we talked with the big kids about it and they loved it.

Collins wasn't so sure about the goat.
Easter egg hunting/play with balls.  They had all the hunts arranged by age, and the one year old section was mainly toys;-)
Time to dye eggs!
Getting help from her cousin.
Not so sure about this.
And this is what happens when you let a one year old go at it alone;-)
Next it was time to make Easter egg rice krispie treats.  Collins was definitely only interested in eating them!
Back to the egg hunt.
The whole family got in on the craft time action.
C with her basket.
Family picture time.
It's so impossible to get a good picture of ALL three of us.
Sweet cousin Bo helping C hunt eggs!
She got one!
My best girl.
:)
Following Aunt Deebee's instructions.
at the hunt.
Dancing to the puppet show.
Fun with Lolly.
First time getting her face painted!
She loved the puppet show.
Such a big girl.
Hunting eggs.balls.
Little booger.
Team effort.
Our masterpiece.
Love this girl.
xoxo.

Comments

  1. Caro, your comments about the Easter basket madness are right on! I couldn't believe some of the things I saw on social media Sunday. I think it's safe to say some Easter baskets rival Christmas gifts. And Collins is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest family ever (and I love your dress.... LOFT?)! Let me know if Collins would be interested in dating Jackson in oh, say, 30 years. Email me and we can discuss. ;) HAHAHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer