Skip to main content

Let's talk makeup.

I'm not one of these girls who obsesses over makeup and beauty products.  I don't have drawers full of the stuff.  I don't tend to mix things up much in this area...my eye shadow color may change every day (if I happen to put eye shadow ON that day) but that's about it.  I'm very routine and consistent in this area.  Boring?  Maybe.  Nonetheless, for years I used Lancome for almost EVERY single makeup product I used...except for mascara.  I would try the expensive mascara but just couldn't ever justify the price when I felt like I got the same results from drugstore brands.  But, for everything else, especially foundation, powder, concealer, blush...it was Lancome.  I tried Chanel a few times and most recently I went on a big Sephora trip and bought a bunch of HD products.  But, now?  Now...if you take a look in my makeup bag, you will see almost ALL Loreal.  And I cannot tell the difference.  DO, HUH??? Makeup for LESS than HALF of what I was paying for the pricey stuff and I can't tell the difference?  YEP.

Maybe I'm just naive and don't know enough about makeup/don't care enough to tell a difference, but  I would swear that weren't so:)

So...here's what's in my makeup bag these days:

1. Loreal BB Cream.  I never used a primer/BB cream until I got the HD primer at Sephora.  I do like the product...but then I found this and like it even more because it has a subtle color to it which allows me to wear less foundation.

2. Loreal True Match LUMI: Healthy Luminour Makeup.  Like I said....I've used Lancome, Chanel, and HD recently in this category and I just can't tell that much of a difference in them. 
3. Loreal Magic Lumi highlighter/concealer.  I like this because it conceals my dark circles under my eyes and highlights at the same time.
4. Loreal True Match.  Does the job.  I'm pleased with the color.  But, this could definitely be a product that I don't apply correclty/could use help with...but I just don't think I care enough to worry about it.
5.  Well, that picture looks totally ridiculous...but we will go with it.  elf bronzer.  I started reading about elf products in the blog world and was intrigued...I ran out of my bare minerals bronzer I was using and spotted this at WAL MART for ONE WHOLE DOLLAR and just had to give it a try.  Y'all?  I love it.  For real.  I put this on directly after foundation for an "all over glow" so i don't look like a pasty ghost.  Seriously, though...$1.  Can you beat that? 


6. This Makeup For Ever translucent powder was purchased on that trip to Sephora and I still have some left so I'm still using it.  It goes on all over my face after bronzer and blush.  I like it fine enough...but bet your bottom dollar I'll be buying the Loreal version when this runs out to give it a whirl.

7.  Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow.  Now, this is one thing I do LOVE.  The colors are amazing.  AMAZING.  I've had it for well over a year and every color except one is still going strong.  I did hear someone say that elf makes a similar color palette but I haven't seen it yet. 


8. I was using a bobbi brown palette in these colors that just ran out...so I picked up this little quad recently and it's perfect for days I need these colors.

9.  I don't use eyeliner often. I just bought this after trying a purely liquid kind I hated.  So, hopefully this will work fine.

10.  Last, but certainly NOT least...one of THE most important makeup products.  I swear I could go out with NOTHING but mascara on and it would be okay...not great, but okay.  I've tried LOTS of mascaras over the years...anything from the iconic pink and green maybelline tube to Lancome definicils...and I'm currently digging this stuff.  Luckily, my lashes are fairly long and dark so I don't need something to work a miracle, just something that works good.  And this totally fits the bill. Loreal Power Volume Collagen Mascara. 

So there you have it.  I think I'm officially a drugstore convert!

xoxo.

Comments

  1. Nice! I'm the same way about makeup. I think I have about 4 eyeshadows I use and have been hooked on Makeup Forever and MAC for years and years. How did you figure out what color you were in Loreal? That's my hang up with drug store, can't really try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer