Skip to main content

The Friday Five.

1.  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about the next two nights.  I am getting to spend them with my absolute dearest friends in the WORLD.  You know how every high school has "that" group...you know the one I'm talking about...yep, we were "the fab five."  (My bestie from college was part of a "foxy four....love it!)  Anyways, the girls that make up the fab five have been my best friends for the LONGEST time.  I met two of them in 2nd and 3rd grade, another came in 5th, and the last joined us in 7th.  But, seriously....best friends for OVER 15 years as a five-some?!?  Four of us went to college together but joined different groups and made our own friends (ie, we each joined a different sorority, how crazy is that?!)  Our lone ranger who went to Auburn is now back in Columbia/Chapin and we get to see each other lots!  But, our Sarah...has lived in OHIO now for like 9 years...so as a FIVE-some we don't get together that much...so I am SUPER DUPER excited about our girls weekend.  We are heading to Charleston/Sullivan's Island to spend two glorious nights and one BEAUTIFUL beach day together. Seriously, besides being with my baby girl and her daddy....spending a whole day on the BEACH with best friends??? Life doesn't get much better.  These girls know me INSIDE and OUT. And they still love me!!  Now, that's true friendship right there.  Cheers to the AMAZING HOLIDAY weekend!

The fab five at one of my wedding showers:)



2. And on that note, what makes this weekend even better, is I'll be able to wake up early Sunday and make the quick drive from Charleston to Beaufort to be with the rest of my family.  So, then I'll have two full days to love on Collins and enjoy being with my family in my favorite place on earth.  Gonna be a good, good weekend. 

3. Collins is completely better and I feel much better!! I still sound like a man and have some drainage but NO MORE headache!!  Woohoo.

4. I've got a new obsession. Chick fil A's new cobb salad is AMAZE. I mean, for real y'all...for a fast food salad and for $6.79, you cannot beat it.  I've had it with fried chicken but I get it with grilled more and it is just as good.  Seriously have had 4 in past two weeks.  Yummmm.

5. And I am so excited because one of my favorite authors finally released a new book...

I absolutely love Dan Brown.  Once I get "in" to his books,I seriously cannot put them down. 

Happy Friday, friends!  And please, let's all remember WHY we are celebrating a HOLIDAY this weekend.  That's right, the AMAZING men and women who so bravely gave their life to protect this GREAT NATION of ours.  USAUSAUSAUSA!!!  We are FOREVER thankful for their ultimate sacrifice.


xoxo

Comments

  1. I had such a great weekend with you all!! I did.not.want y'all to leave!! Can't wait for the next go round. Start that planning :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer