Skip to main content

FIVE

To my sweet, beautiful girl:

 

FIVE.  How in the world did we get here so quickly? You have been over the moon excited about turning five for the past few months, in your eyes, (and mine) five is for-real “big girl” status.  It hurts my heart to think about, and as much as I want you to stay LITTLE, we all know that doesn’t happen and I am just as excited about watching you grow and learn and take on your new “big girl” age.

 My Colls… you are sweet, sassy, sensitive and seriously the BEST big sister on the planet and so protective over your little brothers.  Being the oldest, sometimes I worry that daddy and I put too much on you and expect too much; but you generally don’t mind a bit and always enjoy being our little “mini mama”.  Your teachers always tell me how sweet and polite you are; and they all talk about how much you help out with your brothers at preschool.  There’s not much that makes me prouder.  You definitely get sassy at home with daddy and me, and we have to politely remind you not to get whiny and to listen, but hey… you are just a little girl, after all.  No matter where you are, you are always looking out for your brothers.  Every once in a while they annoy you or try and steal your toys and you get a little mad; but  that’s okay and perfectly normal…it’ll happen for the rest of your life;-)  You are very sensitive and get your feelings hurt pretty easily, we have to remind you that just because you are being disciplined does NOT mean that mommy and daddy love you any less!  Mostly though, you are sweet as sugar and have a heart of gold.  I am so proud to be your mama and I love hearing you talk about helping people out and ways that you try and make people feel good.



You’ve finally let go of the 30 minute bed time routine (where we have to tuck you back in ten times) and will go to sleep pretty quick…now staying in your bed all night is another issue;-)  You generally get up about once a night and come in our room…. If it’s before 5 am…we take you back to your room, you don’t like it but you go back to sleep just fine.  Any time after 5 am and momma becomes a pushover and lets you crawl up in our bed. You’ve just now about given up naps for good. I guess it’s pretty good we’ve lasted this long…but that probably has to do with the face that you Glenn kids don’t go to bed until 8:30 at night…because mommy and daddy like to have enough time to hang out with y’all each day.  Some nights, no naps makes you a tad bit crabby, but mostly you handle it fine.  A lot of Mondays and maybe one other day a week you will still crash for a bit…but definitely not the everyday napper anymore.

 You are still shy and don’t prefer to be the center of attention.  You’ll act a fool and dance silly at home with the five of us…but otherwise you are shy.  It’s gotten WORLDS better and you’ve never been painfully shy,  but if you aren’t 100% confident in something you tend to shy away from it.  And that’s quite ok, baby girl. 



 


 

You got your first American Girl doll for Christmas from Lolly and Granddaddy and that is definitely your current obsession.  Especially after spending the day in the store on Monday.  You also like Barbie’s, other baby dolls, playing dress up, art projects and playing outside.  You know pretty much all of your letters now and are learning SO much in preschool. You love to sing songs and make up words as you go. You got the movie Trolls for your birthday and are obsessed.  You are still loving dance and gymnastics, but also love the days when you have nothing to do so you can just play. 

 Being your momma is one of the best things that has ever happened to me, you make me so proud on a daily basis and my heart could burst when I think about how much I love you, sweet girl.  The past five years have been nothing short of amazing and I cannot wait to see what the next bring, although I wish they’d come a little slower.  Thank you for being you and thank you for showing me what it’s like to love so unconditionally, you are my everything, Collins Glenn, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY…your daddy and I love you BIGGER THAN THE WORLD.



 





 

 

xoxo

 

Comments

  1. FIVE! I remember reading all of your pregnancy posts. How does it go by so fast! Happy Birthday, Collins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer