Skip to main content

my boys

To My wild, crazy, sweet, funny, busy baby boys. You two boys keep me on my toes like no other, but you can make my heart melt in a matter of seconds as well.  I can’t even get over how much y’all have grown and how big you are getting, it really makes me want to cry.  It’s been a while since I’ve updated on you two crazies…so I figured I needed to jot some things down for my memory….here we go:)

 

Thomas:  Your giggle lights up a room, little boy.  Your smile is absolutely infectious and you make me laugh constantly.  You are SO full of life, at all times ;-)  You are NON stop go-go-go, and you are not afraid of anything!  You climb on tables and chairs all the live long day, you LOVE water and are the only baby I’ve ever seen who will lie on their back in the bath tub almost fully submerged in water!  You have NO fear and that gives me anxiety a LOT…but I know I just have to let you fly, baby boy.  You “cut your eyes” whenever anyone asks and it is HILARIOUS…and immediately after you crack up about it.  You are still a good eater, although a messy one as you prefer your fingers to a utensil!  You are talking up a storm and constantly ask “why” in the sweetest voice ever.  You have turned into more of a lover lately and I can’t get enough.  You give the BEST hugs and kisses and although you are still a daddy’s boy through and through you have been wanting your mama a lot more lately, which is music to my ears.  As you look a LOT like your Granddaddy Richardson, your personality also takes after his!  You don’t like being told no, and pitch quite the fit when taken away from doing something you love…especially when it’s time to come inside after playing outdoors.  Playing outside is probably your favorite…especially when you get to ride in sister’s jeep!  You love to try and jump, play with balls, and read books.  You are still obsessed with “Disney” aka Mickey Mouse…and yelling “ohhhhh toodles” always makes you smile.  YOU my sweet boy, are perfect, and I love you with all of my heart.

 

Graham:  Your shy smile makes my heart melt.  You’ll rub your little eyes when being shy and give me the sweetest little grin/smirk and it is absolutely precious.  You are definitely the more cautious one…  but after scoping out the situation you eventually join in on Thomas’ antics!  You love playing with small toys and putting together blocks and racing your cars down the racetrack.  You are more likely to stick close to mama when out and about and you LOVE to point at everything you see.  Although you are still my snuggle bug and a mama’s boy…you went through a little stage (I think we are about over) where you whined a LOT recently!  Who knows what caused that but I’m so glad to have my sweet boy back.  You absolutely LOVE your sissy and sometimes prefer to hold her hand over mine.  You are slowly relying on your paci less and less (praise lord!) and love to put it in your crib each morning to stay for the day!  You LOVE giving kisses although sometimes we have to beg them out of you.  But, my heavens…when you give them, they are the sweetest!  You are still my picky eater, but love a utensil…funny how that works, huh?  You are talking more and more every day and recently started putting words together, with the cutest being “woah mama.”  You do still have this fake whine you do… and it’s like you know it’s fake, but you do it anyways.  I think just so I’ll pick you up and hold you;-)  You love Disney as well and put your sweet little hands on your cheeks and yell “oohhhhh toodles!”  YOU, my sweet boy are perfect, and I love you with all of my heart.


You boys have started playing together and fighting over toys more and more.  The bad comes with the good, I guess. Y’all will share food at dinner and it’s so cute.  And I love to watch y’all play and laugh with each other, although within minutes I’m guaranteed to be in there taking a toy away that both of you wants.  Y’all are in 18 mo and 24 mo clothing…size 4 diapers and love to brush your teeth every night!  You both are still amazing sleepers and sleep from 8:30 pm to 7:30 am every night with a 2-3 hour nap each day.  I think I am going to have to take a babysitter on the boat with us this summer though,  you boys do NOT want to sit still and mama needs help!  If I look away for one second y’all are either trying to climb off the boat or throwing something out of it!  CRAZY boys!   I can’t imagine our life without both of you in it, y’all make our family so fun and crazy, but most importantly you make our hearts FULL. 

 

Xoxo.

mama








 
 
 
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer