Skip to main content

A different kind of summer.

As I’ve mentioned a million times…I LOVE summer.  LOVE it.  It’s what I need each year to regroup, if you will.  I absolutely LOVE the longer days (even the sweltering heat only because that means its summer) and the care free attitude that we adapt on so many of our summer nights.  We are fortunate and get to go down to the coast a LOT, which is fantastic; we are generally down there 1-2 weekends a month in the summer and for a week vacation.  The beach, the boat, lazy summer nights, it is all perfection to me. 

 

And….well, this year.  This year is different.  And it’s hard for me.  Hard to accept and hard to know I won’t get my normal “summer.”  I’m dealing, and I know it’ll all be worth it when these boys get here, but it does kind of stink giving up such an important part of my life this year.  We have gone to Beaufort several times and even took a three day weekend two weekends ago…I’ve been on a girl’s weekend in 
Edisto and we’ve been out on the lake a few times too; but that’s all about to come to a screeching halt.  I’m pretty much “done” at this point and don’t know if I’ll be able to even enjoy another lake day before the boys come….thank goodness for neighborhood pools.  We’ve been trying hard to do some fun things this summer so we don’t feel like our summer completely got away from us between me being miserably pregnant and renovating/moving into a new house on a TIGHT deadline….but it’s hard knowing this is all going to come to an end VERY soon, for a while.   It’s just so out of the norm for me to NOT be down on the coast or out on the lake EVERY SINGLE weekend in the summer.  (I know….this sounds so whiny, but I can’t help it…. it’s what I’m used to). 

 

You obviously can’t take newborns out on the boat…and I seriously doubt we will leave the house much at all that first month….i mean, I’m going from ONE kid to THREE….it’s going to take some adjusting.  I’m hoping to at least get to the pool every once in a while….but I know the first 4-6 weeks after the boys arrive are going to be TOUGH and I’m not going to be able to enjoy SUMMER like I normally do.  We will just have to stretch our summer out thru September and take advantage….I mean, it’s still like a million degrees here in September.  We are trying to take two weeks at the end of August/first of September and spend them down in Beaufort; no difference in sitting at our house with new babies and a house on the coast, right?  I hope we will be able to make it to the beach at least a few days!  *wishful thinking?* 

 

Anyways, sorry to sound so whiny; it’s just different for me.  A different kind of summer. 

We have spent a LOT of time at the pool this year.... It's the only place I can go/ activity I can do where NOTHING on my body hurts!! So yay for that. And Collins LOVES it. Little booger....

Xoxo

Comments

  1. I can't speak from experience with twins, but from having a newborn to a now 5 year old, it's so great when they hit that 4 month mark - you'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable on her little raft! Enjoy that pool time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer