Skip to main content

35 ish weeks and an update

So....it happened.   I knew all along it would, it was just a gut feeling.  My 34 week appointment was GREAT….I was still the “poster child” for twin pregnancy according to my doctor.  Not really, he’s just extremely enthusiastic and is good about making his patients feel good about themselves:-) My 34 week appointment was Thursday June 19; again….everything still rolling right along.  On that Sunday I got sick….  And started taking Tylenol cold on Monday (the options for pregnant women are pretty low).  Anyways, I worked just a half day Monday because I was just feeling crummy….worked all day Tuesday and then was due back at the doctorWednesday morning for my 35 week appointment.  He had bumped me up to start coming weekly at this point.  So,Wednesday morning rolls around and ….. WOMP WOMP, my blood pressure was elevated for the first time.  It was elevated twice when the nurses took it, and then after I laid on my side a minute and they took it again,  it was fine.  We did some Non Stress Tests on the babies that day and they looked great!  The doctor was hopeful that my BP was elevated due to the Tylenol cold I had been taking….the decongestant part of the medicine can cause your BP to rise.  Anyways, he wanted me to come back Friday to check again to be sure……..

 

And, sure enough……..it was still elevated Friday:-(. Major sads.  I think for me the NOT KNOWING of what causes some women to get high BP is what frustrates me the most.  There is no rhyme or reason to it, any doctor I’ve ever asked about it just kind of waves it off because they say there is really nothing you can do and no one knows why it happens to some and not others.  I’m not swelling that much (sure my cankles get a little big at night, but it’s 100 degrees here right now and that’s bound to happen after being on my feet all day…) but no major swelling, no major weight gain, nothing they can pinpoint… which seriously frustrates me.  But, anyways….nothing I can do about it.  I also had a trace of protein in my urine which means I am already preeclamptic.  BOO. This is exactly what happened during my first pregnancy. I also had a biophysical profile done on the babies on Friday…and they scored perfect, so that was a relief.  The BPP measures heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing and fluid.  So……….where does that leave us? 

 

DAY BY DAY, or appointment to appointment rather….a waiting/monitoring game if you will.  We go back tomorrow for our 36 week appointment and another ultrasound.  I’m not really sure what to expect.  It will all depend on blood pressure and level of protein in urine.  At this point….as long as I can get to 36 weeks (which is Thursday) I’ll be okay.  (36 is average delivery of twins).  Who knows…it’s all very day by day.  If nothing major happens tomorrow I’ll go back for ANOTHER check up this week Friday to check BP again….this is gonna get tiring! 

 

So, we shall see.  Prayers appreciated….

 

xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer