Skip to main content

Baby Mania, and I CANNOT wait.

*LONG post forthcoming*

I am so beyond excited about this weekend...we are having both of our baby showers and I cannot wait!!! My mom's wonderful friends are hosting one and Mikey and my friends are hosting the other...they just so happened to both pick the same weekend, which was fine with us. I feel like once I come home with all of the wonderful goodies it will really feel real! Nursery is coming along great, but I haven't bought any "necessity" items yet as I wanted to wait until after our showers to do that.

Saturday night we are being given a couples baby shower by our friends and I think it will be so much fun. I know all the girls have worked hard to make this come together....we are having chili and oysters, love it!

Sunday afternoon is my "all women" shower hosted by my moms friends (and my second moms!). I just know it will be absolutely beautiful....these ladies know how to throw a shower.
I wanted to go ahead and document the "big" items we registered for. I did LOTS of research, talked to other moms, and spent many hours carefully considering my options before making decisions. Just ask my wonderful husband...I think I changed my mind on the car seat 10 times! Ha!

1. Fisher Price Snugabunny swing. This thing is pretty freaking amazing. I think it also says BIG things that three of my other pregnant friends registered for the same one. I know some babies don't like swings at all, but I figured hopefully at least ONE of my children will.

Maclaren Volo stroller. Once baby girl is big enough, I figure this will be my go to stroller for errands, mall trips, etc.
Chicco Keyfit 30. The biggest debate of them all. I was originally going for the Peg Perego, it just seemed to have more "padding" and looked sturdier inside to me. I went back and forth a million times between these two....but the weight kept taking me back to the Chiccho. It's only like a two pound difference, but I swear you hold those two seats simultaneously and you can really tell! The safety ratings/reviews are virtually the same on both, so I ended up choosing the lighter one since I would be doing a lot of the lifting!
Fisher Price Snugabunny bouncer.
The BOB SE Revolution. This sucker is pretty amaze. I had heard so many moms tell me the "travel system" strollers were a waste and they wish they had gone straight with a jogging stroller. Now that they make the infant car seat adapters, this stroller can do it all. You can use it from DAY ONE until they are like um...7 years old or something crazy ridiculous like that. But, for real....I was hesitant at first because this will be my ONLY stroller until she is big enough to go in the Maclaren for quick trips, but the size is deceiving. The wheel base is only 1 inch bigger than the travel system strollers, they are just higher so they seem a lot bigger. I am amazed at how maneuverable this thing was, it really seems like the Cadillac of strollers. I'm not claiming I am going to start running marathons now, but it will be nice to have a nice, good, strong stroller to walk/jog around the neighborhood.
Motorola video monitor. I had originally gone with the Summer Video Touch...my mom had even already bought it. But, a friend tipped me off to this one and I started researching. Now, this one is fairly new...which may be why there aren't hardly any bad reviews on it yet...*fingers crossed it stays that way* but it seems to beat the summer in several key areas (screen display, especially at night, range, and interference). We shall see!
Just for fun...an adorable swim suit I picked up for Collins the other day. Cannot wait to see some (hopefully) chubby little legs poking out of it this summer.

Okay, that's enough baby talk for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer