Skip to main content

2012 Resolutions

Yeah, I know....a little late. Oh well, as long as I document it at some point, right? Just kinda like I still have to document our holidays...but am waiting on my FATHER as he took the pictures and is slow in uploading and sending them to me. I might just have to go do it myself!

Anyways, I'm not a huge "resolutions" person simply because I doubt there are many I have ever really stuck with throughout the whole year. But, I, like most people do like to begin a new year with some goals in mind.

1. Sticking to a BUDGET and SAVING MONEY. Our life has changed lately in the fact that we are getting older and it is slowing down a tad...not as many out of town trips, expensive nights out, etc. Even thought a little one who is fast approaching will take all of that money, I still want to focus on SAVING this year. My priorities are changing. I'm working on not caring as much about the latest fashion trend (as much as i LOVE buying nice clothes, shoes, accessories...lets be honest, it's more for myself than anyone, what's the point?!? Of course if you have enough money to do it all, more power to you...but I don't.) Ideally, I would like to have a goal of buying a new house by the end of 2012. A lot of this will depend on how much we can get for our current house (we won't sell right now if we can't get what we think it is worth), but I want to be prepared in case. For me, a house is important. And no, at 28 years old I won't have or need to have the nicest, biggest house in the area...but I do like nice houses and I want our next house to be somewhere I can raise a family for 6-8 years or so until we can build our dream house. Thinking about buying a new house makes me excited and I want to save up as much as I can until then:) Of course in the meantime, we will also be starting a college fund for Collins, paying daycare and more in insurance. So...yeah, why can't money grow on trees again?!?

2. EATING FRESHER, EATING OUT LESS. This is something I have always struggled with. I love to eat out. I am BAD about it. Especially at lunch. And honestly Mikey and I are bad influences on each other about it. He is probably better than I am and is happy to eat at home more than me, but I somehow find a way to talk him into going out. Not like we eat fancy or anything, mostly Moe's ,McAlister's, those kind of places. But, it adds up...quick! If we both eat lunch out several times a week, add in a couple of dinners...we've quickly spent almost $200 on eating out. RIDICULOUS. I want to focus on buying fresh foods, less packaged/processed meals. I have gotten better about this when we eat at home, but I want to be even better. I rarely buy microwaveable meals anymore, we eat organic beef and chicken, and lots of veggies. But, I do stock up on lots of "bars, chips (even the "healthy" ones), cereals, etc. that are processed. MORE FRUITS and VEGGIES.

3. On that same note, GET THE BABY WEIGHT OFF PLUS SOME. Yeah...I'm still about 7 weeks out from having said baby but I am already SO ready to get rid of the baby weight. I haven't really gone crazy with eating during pregnancy (of course if we go out to eat I don't hesitate on eating fries, etc....where before I would at least pretend to ponder the decision, ha!) I do eat some sweets, but nothing crazy....my weight gain has been very good so far, but I was heavier than I would prefer when I got pregnant so now I am ready to be back to my wedding weight. Like now, or maybe two weeks post birth. Totally possible, right?!? Ha! Kidding. But, for real...I didn't work out during pregnancy and at this point, it seems too late....except for a little stretching/pilates, and I am actually READY to work out. I am ready to sweat! So even though I won't be one of the "resolutioners" at the gym....I will be come April. Hopefully.

4. DRINK MORE WATER. I am trying so hard to do this now that I am at the end of pregnancy and starting to swell. I usually drink a diet coke for breakfast and one for lunch and then have water for dinner. But, I guess I'm not a big "drinker" because besides that I typically didn't drink much else. I have to make myself get up and go get water throughout the day to drink. It's not that I don't like it, I'm just not thirsty/don't think about it. I still drank caffeine during pregnancy, two diet cokes a day...my doctor was totally okay with this...you are allowed about 200 mg a day and one diet coke can only has 46, so I think I am good. But, really....I wish I could cut that back to just one a day. I just love DC so much, oops! I know, even though it is diet...it isn't good for you!

5. Attend church more. One of my resolutions last year was to join church...well that didn't happen but we did go some. Well, we are now joining, yay! We started membership classes last week and are set to join before little Collins arrives. Even though church hasn't been as much a part of my life since going off to college, we both were raised going to church and sunday school every Sunday and I want to do that for my babies as well.

Hope your 2012 is off to a wonderful start! * I still cannot believe it is friggin 2012. My parents were laughing the other day, how when they got married, never did they ever think about it actually being 2012....it felt SO far away. I even feel like that. Time flies:(

Comments

  1. These are all great resolutions and I can't wait to see that sweet little baby in a few weeks and read all about her! Glad to hear that you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your 2012 Resolutions!! I know it's hard to stick to them, but you will do fine :) It's just altering your lifestyle. Most importantly, most of it is for Collins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer