Skip to main content

32 Weeks!!

32 weeks as of yesterday! Not much time for the ole blog this week. Such is life. But, don't want to miss too many of these weekly updates. So here goes....

How far along? 32 weeks


Size of the baby? 3.75 pounds and still about 16 or 17 inches long. The size of a large jicama, whatever in the world that is. Thanks Baby Center!

Maternity Clothes? SAME.


Stretch Marks? SAME. I just ran out of my first bottle of Bio Oil, must get more pronto. I picked up some “tummy butter” by Palmers and although it feels a little greasy I really like it, it feels like it works.

Movement? I feel like the movement has actually slowed down a bit lately, at least for me. It’s just a different kind of movement than it was. Not as many quick playful kicks and stuff I guess…it’s more like I actually feel her whole body rolling around in there.


Sleep? Ugh. Starting to get a bit of that “third trimester insomnia.” Why oh why must that happen when you need sleep the MOST? I just wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep for a bit. Not fun. Plain out RESTLESS.

Food Cravings? Nothing new to report.

What I Miss: Same as always with most stuff. I will say that over the past couple of months, the whole not drinking thing hasn't been that bad. I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, but it is just a hard/weird transition to go from being such a social drinker to NOT DRINKING AT ALL. I've finally gotten used to not having a drink at social events now though. It isn't a big deal to me anymore. Do I still want to get tipsy every once in a while over one too many glasses of wine? YES. But, it took me a while to not feel awkward at a party because I wasn't drinking and that feeling has definitely gone now. I miss being able to lay on the couch for a bit and not having an achy back when I get up. This is really the only time my back hurts...first thing in the morning when I get out of bed and if I lay on the couch for a couple of hours. It just gets stiff I guess. Still miss a full, fun wardrobe and buying new trendy pieces for it. I'm still shocked by how much "non maternity" I can wear, but I still have to be picky/careful. I haven't looked at any fun dresses this season and that has been weird! So ready to get this pregnancy weight off now so I can get back in my fun clothes! Just in time for spring:) *yeah....i hope it'll be that fast, ha!*

Symptoms: little swelling, back pain, not much else to report. Still feeling really good for the most part.

Best Moment of the Week? 8 weeks to go! My dad is coming this weekend to install the built in bookshelf he made, and I cannot wait. It is gorgeous. We also had our first gift arrive in the mail from a friend yesterday. I guess they won't be able to make it to the shower, so that was fun!!

Comments

  1. I just found your blog through A Blonde Ambition and I think its super cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Collins for a sweet baby girl! Congrats on your progress and I can't wait to read more!

    New follower,
    Ashley @ Little Miss One Big Mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You are so close. Glad you are still feeling good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer