Skip to main content

it was a BIG day!!!

Yesterday was a BIG day for a couple of reasons. First off, it was my "turn day" which means I am officially down to the single digits (weeks wise) before we meet our precious Collins. 9 weeks to go...crazy!

Our best friends became parents to an absolutely beautiful and perfect baby girl. Harper Anne Sherard was born around 7:30 yesterday morning...mommy and baby are doing great! I hope and pray Harper and Collins are best friends just like their mommies:) Momma Sherard is going to have to show me the ropes in 9 weeks, she will be a pro by then! We are so excited for the Sherard family!!

And in unexpected news, we found out that my brother and SIL are expecting a BOY for baby number two!!!!!!!! We cannot be more excited for them, for real! Christie had a doctor appointment yesterday morning (her 16 week check up) and our practice normally doesn't do gender u/s until 20 weeks, but she begged and they were able to confirm it was a boy. We all went to dinner last night to hear the big news. My mom and I both came prepared....we bought Gamecock stuff in case it was another little girl and Clemson stuff if it was a boy. I am so thrilled for my brother. The Richardson side of my family is all TIGER (yuck! Thankfully, my mom rescued me and made me a gamecock) but anyways....dad and brother are huge Clemson fans, but SIL is a HUGE Gamecock...the deal always was if they had girls they would be gamecocks with their momma, but a boy would be a tiger like his daddy. Well...as hard as it was for my mom and I, we both bought little boy Richardson some Tiger gear. I am beyond thrilled that Collins will have a little boy cousin around her same age to grow up with. If we live in the same area, they will be in the same grade!! So fun!

We are leaving today for Hilton Head for our last getaway before baby! We decided to take advantage of the long weekend and get down their and relax for a bit. We have something going on every weekend after this one until February 11th weekend (which I won't want to be traveling after that anyways) so we are using this as our last little vacation as a family of two. I am so excited to spend a weekend with Mikey just lounging and hanging out. We have plans for a nice dinner for NYE, but other than that...we plan on renting lots of movies and staying in our pjs. HEAVEN!

I seriously cannot believe this is the LAST Friday of 2011. It seems like just yesterday we were up in the mountains with friends celebrating NYE 2011. Where does the time go? This year has been amazing, but somehow I think 2012 may be even better:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer