Skip to main content

10 weeks to go!

My best friend Haven was thinking she might be having her baby today, but the doctor scheduled her for next Thursday, so excited but yet so surreal. Haven is the first of us to kick off the "baby train" (we have about 6 friends who are preggo right now and due within 5 months of each other, nuts!) It's so crazy to think about...we are all getting so close. I cannot wait to meet baby Harper!!!


How far along? 30 weeks


Size of the baby? 3 pounds, 16-17 inches. The length is what really blows my mind…l know she is curled up in a ball, but it amazes me that there is 17 inches of a BABY in my belly. NUTS.

Maternity Clothes? No change. I am still amazed at the mix of clothes I can wear. That for sure is one thing I now know, you don’t really need TONS of maternity clothes…you can still make your regular clothes work for a LONG time.


Stretch Marks? None have appeared yet, still using the Palmer’s and Bio Oil a few times a week.

Movement? Same. They are definitely getting harder though. I swear the movement thing is the absolute BEST feeling and scariest all at once. For the most part, I feel her pretty constant now. I’ve even started noticing more of her moving from side to side as you can look at my stomach and see her move from the outside, like an ocean wave. But, there are still times…where I will stop and think that I haven’t felt her in a while and I will begin to freak out. I know most of the time it is just because I have been busy/not paying attention but it is still scary.


Sleep? I can still make it thru the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom, I consider this a personal victory as I hear most pregnant women do not make it this long without having to do that. But, I definitely wake up and flip sides a lot trying to get comfortable.

Food Cravings? Nada. I don’t know who invented that whole “pickles and ice cream” thing…maybe it’s just me. Sure I’ve been indulging in a few more sweets and McAlister’s spuds lately just because I can…not really because I am CRAVING them though.

What I Miss: Same.

Symptoms: Same. Back pain is the worst if I lay on the couch for a while at night, or when I first get out of bed in the morning. I’ve noticed that my hands are feet are beginning to swell a little bit. I’ve got to watch that carefully because my mom had to have her wedding band cut off when she was preggo with me!

Best Moment of the Week? Had a really good 30 week appointment!! 10 weeks to go:)

Comments

  1. you are lucky!!!! I get up sometimes 4-5 times a night to go to the bathroom - maybe I drink too much dang water before bedtime. It's ridiculous! Now in 3rd trimester, the bigger he gets the more I have to go. Again, consider yourself very lucky - you've had an awesome pregnancy and look fabulous!!! Can not wait to see baby Collins and Miss Harper - omgosh so soon! I'll be praying for Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and definitely agree with you - be creative and you don't have to have a TON of maternity styles. I'm rockin' out a regular dress today at 33 weeks prego. Sure may have to go up a size....ok, or two... but it works! ;) and they actually are more comfy than the maternity stuff. Wild.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer