Skip to main content

weekend rewind

I can barely keep my eyes open right now.  Yikes.  I used to have insomnia issues during college and law school but for the most part I don’t deal with it too much anymore.  Every once in a while it’ll take me a while to fall asleep…but then every few months I’ll have a night like I did last night….WIDE AWAKE until 3 am.  Worst feeling ever.  All I wanted to do was SLEEP.  I am SO tired right now, maybe I can snooze in my car during lunch?? ;-)  Anyways, I’m still fighting some type of cold/respiratory infection so I wasn’t feeling all that great this weekend.  I’ve been feeling icky since last Wednesday, ready for this stuff to GO.  We took it easy this weekend and it was MUCH needed.  We did nothing Friday night and I was SUPER lazy/rested/slept when the kids napped Saturday for most of the day.  Well, slept in between coughing.  I finally felt a little better in the afternoon so we went out on the lake for a couple of hours with some friends, but had an early dinner and I was home in bed by 8:30!  Not sure if that has ever happened on a Saturday night before.  We spent the day Sunday traveling to Asheboro, NC to say “goodbye” to Mikey’s grandfather, who was moved to hospice on Friday.  He’s 95, so although sad, he’s lived a full, good life.  It was a sudden downturn so that’s hard, but we definitely don’t want him in pain anymore.  Although the visit was sad, the kids don’t really get it and totally enjoyed hanging out with their cousins.  I still can’t believe there are two sets of twin boys on the Glenn side of the family, nuts! 

 

In other super amazing news, the boys are potty trained.  I feel silly “calling it” this early, considering we just started last Monday…but they only had like one accident each that first day and that’s IT.  I’m sure there will still be a few here and there when we forget to remind them, but for the most part they are TRAINED!!! HOLY WOW!!  I’m in shock b/c I kept putting it off b/c I didn’t think they were ready…but I guess they were!  So proud of those boogers, and they are SO darn cute in their little undies!!  J They even made the three hour drive to NC in undies and we only stopped ONCE for the potty.  (!!!)  There’s a tiny bit of me that mourns this b/c it’s just one more “baby” stage I’m letting go of….obviously they’ll still wear diapers at night for a bit…but it’s just one more sign they are growing up! 

 

Here’s to a new week, with a LOT less diapers!  CHEERS!













 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer