Skip to main content

THREE

To my babies: (and I'm only a month and a half late with this post)

 

I’m not sure how we got here SO dang fast, but you’ll learn one day that you can’t fence time, so here we are…. Fresh off celebrating our two THREE year olds.  You both are just so excited to be “free” and big boys…and I am too, I am SO excited because y’all are just so damn cute but I’m also SO sad, because with every day that passes I lose another piece of baby-ness…and that is HARD on your mama.  

 

G~  oh my little G, your personality has taken OFF in the past 6 months or so.  We always used to say you were the shy one, but not anymore!  You are the first to get out on the dance floor these days and you LOVE to shake your booty.  Your laughter is certainly infectious and you are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY most of the time.  It’s funny b/c I remember before you and T started preschool last year telling the teachers that you were the shy one etc. but you proved us wrong.  You are the social butterfly and love being surrounded by friends.  You love to tell people that you are a “ladies man” which is about the cutest thing I’ve ever heard.  You are sweet and sensitive but also rambunctious and funny!  You still LOVE doing whatever your big sis is doing but you and T also play a LOT together these days, which makes my heart happy.  You and your brother get along amazing 90% of the time, until someone doesn’t want to share, which speaking of…T generally shares better than you, you little stinker!  But, you are getting better:-) You still want mama over daddy, and you do NOT like going to bed lately… you don’t seem to require as much sleep as your brother, which leads you to waking him up most mornings!  But, you are still sleeping from 8:30 pm to 7:30 am every day and nap for about 2 hours….generally with just a little fuss about it being nap time. You are still a VERY picky eater but you’ve learned that mama and daddy mean business and now begrudgingly try a few bites of things for us.  You love yogurt, cereal, chicken (most of the time), oranges, baked beans, shrimp poppers and fish sticks best. You love to sing and dance and especially love when you know we are laughing at you b/c it’s so cute, you little ham!  But, you also love to run and play outside and are slowly becoming TOO BRAVE and riding super-fast on your bike and scooter around the house!   You always say “really” before something you want to emphasize…. And if I ask you why, you say cause so.  You are perfectly silly, affectionate, sweet, and a little hard headed too.  I love you to the moon and back sweet boy!

 

T~ oh my T, you are turning more into a mama’s boy every day and I LOVE it.  Like I said to G, we used to think you were the outgoing one, but really that’s not true.  You are WILD and a tornado sometimes, but yet you are shy and reserved around new people and are very independent and like to do your own thing.  (and that, you inherited 100% from your granddaddy Richardson!)  There are many a times where we will have kids over and all the kids are playing something and you are off on your own doing whatever YOU want to do.  You don’t care what everyone else is doing at all.  You give me the absolute BEST “mama” kisses in the world and truly have become more and more about me lately.  You rarely cry but when you get hurt or we yell too hard (b/c you won’t LISTEN!!) you cry big crocodile tears and it breaks my heart.  But, goodness you are stubborn and do not listen and you know it and will look at us with this little mischievous grin!  Lately, you’ll look at me and say “I bad boy mama, I bad.” Like it’s a good thing!  It makes me laugh, but yet I gotta discipline you so you’ll be a GOOD boy.  Even though you have gotten “shyer” you will still entertain us and be totally silly and dance crazy…you especially love doing “needles” and “cartwheels” like your big sister. I love the way you play with your brother and look after him, you are always quick to ask “what’s wrong gwahm” if he’s crying and you are a GREAT sharer, most of the time…unless it involves a cellphone…you are OBSESSED with technology and could play on a phone or ipad for hours.  You make me laugh and you love big, you are sweet at times but yet also silly and crazy too!   You sleep and eat like a champ, and because of that have now gained a good four pounds over your brother!  You will try almost anything we give you (!!!) which is amazing.  You are a daredevil and have NO fear…you LOVE to speed down the sidewalk in your scooter and plasma car, trying to give me a heart attack.  You love movies and especially love “sunshine in my pocket” right now, it’s your fav and we listen to it daily  You are perfectly funny, cuddly, loving, sweet, and quite stubborn too.  I love you to the moon and back sweet boy!

 

You have both ROCKED potty training which we just started one month after you turned 3.  We went to the beach and wanted to wait until we came home, I was nervous b/c I didn’t think y’all were ready but you have proved me wrong!  Y’all LOVE your big boy undies and have done awesome!!  I am SO proud of both of you and cannot wait to watch you grow up…well, I can, but it sure is a fun ride.  

 

I am so giddy that God chose me to be a mama to the most precious twin boys on earth.  

 

Love you both so.

 

Mama

 

Xoxo

 

3 year stats:

 

G: 31 pounds

 

T: 35 pounds








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer