Skip to main content

The Glenn twins: month 5

5 months. 

 

I continue to be amazed at how well my little nuggets are doing.  This is not to say they are perfect babies and we don’t have CRAZY nights sometimes…but I will say that going from ONE to THREE hasn’t been nearly as hard as I thought it would.  Sure, things are nuts around our house some nights and it sure takes a lot longer to go do anything/get ready in the morning/etc.  BUT, these boys are pretty darn good.  They both have nights where they need to be held or just fuss for about 30 minutes for no reason…but I can deal with that.  When we are out and about at night, they are usually perfect!  Crazy how that works.  They are generally pretty content during the day.  I am so proud of themJ

 

Our current routine:

 

Wake: anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30.  Most mornings I nurse them right at 7, but sometimes (especially on weekends) it’s not till 7:30.  Graham is generally awake by6:30, but I will just get him up when he wakes and put him back down in the rock and play with his paci and he goes right back to sleep.  Thomas normally sleeps straight thru till 7 or 7:30.  And they both are still sleeping in their cribs and do not require a paci to go to sleep at night!  Woohoo!

 

On weekends, we will play with them for a bit after that morning nursing session and then put them right back in a bouncy seat/swing to snooze some more.  On weekdays, they will generally lounge on the bed after nursing while we all get ready.  Sometimes they’ll fall back asleep for a bit or fall asleep in the car on the way to Weezie’s.

 

They are still eating every three hours during the day: 5 oz. if bottle.  During morning/early afternoon they generally just follow the “awake 90 minutes/sleep 90 minutes routine babies do”….for the most part…or at least cat nap on and off.  But, we have finally started them on a good afternoon nap schedule.  Mikey was off the WHOLE week of Thanksgiving so we began swaddling them and putting them down for an afternoon nap in their cribs in between their 1 and 4:00 feedings.  They have done so great with it!  I even had to wake them up on SundayJ  Weezie and I have been talking and we will start trying to get in a routine of doing a morning nap like that too, and eventually get them to where they are taking good naps in a crib twice a day. 

 

Weekday nights are a bit crazy around our casa, depending on what we have going on.  But, generally I will nurse them around6:30 and 8:30 and put them to bed by 9.  They have been doing really well with this schedule…for preemies…who developmentally are still “technically” four months…I think the fact that they have been sleeping straight from 9-6/7 for the past month is terrific! 

 

They are now both in size 2 diapers….and mostly 3 month clothing.  They can both still wear a lot of their newborn gowns…but in footed sleepers need 3 month and Thomas is really outgrowing those.  They are constantly smiling these days…they love to giggle and they LOVE getting attention from us.  Both boys are finally starting to really lift their heads on tummy time (mini push-ups) and putting lots of weight on their legs.  Thomas has now rolled over a couple times too!  Go T go!  I can’t believe how fast they are growing!  They make my heart explode.  I should also note for my records that big sister continues to be OBSESSED with them.  She is seriously SO sweet to them, constantly covering them in kisses and making them laugh.  My favorite is if one is crying she says “it’s okay buddy, mama gonna feed you.”  ;-)


And now for a few pics:






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer