Skip to main content

Big sister.

Oh my little girl. What a diva she has become. I've said it time and again but she's sweet as sugar one minute and a defiant, independent two year old the next.  But, I'll say she has been the absolute BEST big sister so far. She adores her baby brothers and wants to kiss and hold them constantly. She hasn't gotten jealous of them once and always tries to help soothe them if they are crying.  She hugs on them all the time ( so much I have to remind her we DON'T do that when they are sleeping!) and helps hold their pacis in if they are fussing. She has yet to pitch a fit or get mad if I'm feeding them and can't help her or play with her right that second. She truly has amazed me at how well she's adjusted to her new role as a big sister. 

Her new role as a 2.5 year old toddler (almost) ..... No surprise there, she's living up to the toddler potion!! Seriosuly. There are so many times a day I just want to smother her in kisses... And then others when it takes all my patience not to boot her hiney out the door! Some days there are too many time outs or spankings (yes, we believe in those... As does my pediatrician. Not talking about anything crazy just a little pop on the hiney.) and it makes me sad and frustrated. But when she doesn't listen over and over and over or throws something/hits I have to take action. I pray it's just a toddler phase .... Lordy mercy it can be exhausting!! 

Phrases she says right now that I adore: 

"I not ready go night night yet"

Okaaaaay momma

What you doodin 

I tiss gam and Thomas

One more tiss (kiss)

I can't believe she'll be 2.5 in August... Makes me so sad. She just watched frozen for the first time and just like every other little kid in America, she's obsessed. Hearing her sing "let it go@ is the cutest thing ever.   She loves playing dress up and with her baby dolls best. Favorite "tartoons" are Sophia, Dora and Mickey Mouse. Potty training boot camp is coming soon... Our pediatrician warned us to wait till after the boys were born to potty train for fear she'd regress... But it's time soon! Three sets of diapers is NO BUENO. She is awesome at riding her tricycle... And loves it. She is swimming like a fish with her puddle jumper and enjoyed her first "camo" at the beginning of the month at church. Gave her a taste of what preschool will be like come fall and I think she will love it. 

Okay.... That's enough for now:-)  Just wanted to document my girl too.  And with pictures of course...













Comments

  1. It is so sad that they are growing entirely too fast, yet so true that these toddler 'tudes are for real. I saw Haven this past weekend and we were both talking about how some days these two year olds make us absolutely crazy. Glad we are all not alone. (and prayers that age three isn't as bad as they say it is... HA!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer