Skip to main content

Peaceful Holiday

Thanksgiving is such a peaceful holiday for me. It's sort of the calm before the storm...one last chance to soak up "fall" (although the weather is still fall-ish for us a little while longer...once Christmas decorations start coming out, I think winter!) before the chaos of the Christmas season begins. Thanksgiving is so much more laid back and easy going than Christmas...there are no presents to worry about, just simple fellowship with family and loved ones.

 Although I think we should be thankful EVERY day of our lives for the amazing blessings that we have, it is cool to have a holiday devoted to just THAT. This year, above all I am so incredibly thankful to God for giving us the most precious gift in the world...being parents to Collins has truly been the best gift of my life. I am also thankful for AMAZING and supportive family and friends, our health and our families health, the ability to provide for our family, and as always, the amazing men and women who protect us day in and day out, so that I can sit here and type on my computer all of the things that I am thankful for.

 Our Thanksgiving festivities began Sunday night with our 4th annual FRIENGS-giving.  This has become one of my most cherished traditions and favorite nights of the year.  We have a group of 27 best friends that come together to give THANKS for all that we are blessed with.  It's pretty neat to get on an emotional/deeper level with this big of a group of people...I love every single person at this event so much, they each mean something different to me and I would do anything in the world for any of them.



Wednesday night we celebrated with my family at our house. It was just one of those GOOD nights.  Conversation flowed constantly, my niece kept everyone entertained, and the babies played.  Good for the soul.  So much to be thankful for.





Mikey's family came over Thursday for lunch.  We had a small group as his sister and her family couldn't come up, but we still had a great time.  I wish I would have taken more pictures at both of these events, but sometimes I just get so sick of pulling out the camera!




We enjoyed a long walk with Mimi Thursday before she had to head back to Augusta.  The weather has been GORGEOUS this week and it was so nice to be out leisurely walking around.  We had some friends come over last night that we don't get to see very often, spending time with friends from "home" is what holidays are all about.

Unfortunately, Mikey had to work today and has to work tomorrow until 2, boo:-(  Collins and I enjoyed the heck out of our day though.  We both slept in, played outside, went on two walks, and snuggled lots.  It really has been such a good day.  (I wish I had a day like this every week....)  We went and met Mikey tonight to participate in a little bit of Black Friday shopping, I had to give C a taste of the craziness, ha!

Tomorrow's agenda for Collins and me is much of the same.  Snuggles, play, walks, more snuggles.  I CANNOT WAIT.  Of course, until it is time to get ready to head to our CAROLINA/CLEMSON game viewing party.  I am SUPER nervous about the game this year.  Sort of glad I am not going to be watching it with my brother and dad as originally planned. I just don't think I could handle being around Clemson fans.  I know, I'm being super negative...can't help it.

TWO more full days to spend with my girl before getting back to the grind on Monday.  I sure am enjoying my time off with my girl.  Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday!

xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer