Skip to main content

I think she keeps all of her nutrition in her thighs....

My baby girl turned FOUR months old on Sunday.  She's such a big girl, growing up right before my eyes:(  I do love each new stage more than the last though...it's so fun when she can interact with us.

What's our 4 month old up to?

-She ROLLS, a LOT.  Ever since she rolled on to her stomach that night in her swaddle, she hasn't stopped.  Thankfully, removing the swaddle was a non issue and she does great without it.  Except for now, she LOVES sleeping on her tummy.  Scares me a little, but what can you do??  The first few weeks without the swaddle she would get those fingers and immediately roll to her side and she was OUT.  Now, she has been rolling all the way to her tummy, so cute.  I think she just prefers her tummy...if we put her down on the play mat on her back, she immediately (almost always) rolls to her tummy, she's been doing this for about three weeks now!  (Right at 3.5 months)
-Speaking of her fingers, she LOVES them.  She rarely takes a paci anymore because she would rather have her fingers, which is fine with me.
-She started TALKING A LOT!! (cooing, babbling, whatever you want to call it).  She laid in bed one night and just talked to herself for about 20 minutes before going to sleep, so precious.
-She puts a lot of weight on her legs.  She loves to stand and look around...she's gotten very good at this.
-Mikey had her "kind of" sitting up the other day, it was too cute...more of a hunched over sit up...but precious nonetheless.
-Her hand-eye coordination has gotten SO good.  She can now pull down on her toys that make noise, and it makes her giggle.
-Speaking of giggles, she laughs/smiles a LOT and it might just be the BEST thing ever.   The way she looks at her daddy and me and smiles is absolutely the best feeling in the world.
-We brought down the exercauser Monday night for her and she loves it.  You don't even have to turn it on yet and she just likes to look around and take everything in.
-Still sleeping like a champ:)  Even my pediatrician was SHOCKED she's still sleeping so good.  AND takes good naps.  I know, I know...either she is going to have a serious breakdown and turn into an awful sleeper one day..or baby number 2 is going to be THE WORST SLEEPER EVER.
-She still has some fussy moments, but generally they don't last very long.  My friend Jill teases me that Collins never cries...well we hosted a baby shower Saturday and all the babies were there...during picture time Miss Collins was the ONLY baby crying! Ha!  She just wasn't happy for a bit...oh the life of a baby.
-She is still in a size 1 diaper and her clothes are mostly 0-3 months, 3 months.  Most stuff that is 3-6 months is a little too big. 


STATS:  Our little tiny tot weighed in at a teeny 11 pounds, 12 ounces...7% for weight.  I don't get it.  She's 24.5 inches long, and 49% for height, she does NOT look long and skinny by any means...so it really doesn't add up to me.  *I sure wish her mama had that problem...sigh*  Anyways, the doctor wasn't concerned or anything...she just said "I guess she just keeps all of her nutrition in her thighs!"  Hahaha!!  All I ever wanted was a baby with chunky thighs and I got it!!  They are just too precious for words:)

Typical schedule at 4 months:

7:30 am: wake up...with the BIGGEST smile ever!
8:30 am: bottle, 5 to 5.5 oz
Play
10-11:30 am : NAP
11:30 am: bottle, 5 to 5.5 oz
Play/Cat naps
2:30 pm: bottle, 5 to 5.5 oz.
Play
3:00-5:00 pm: (whenever she wakes up): NAP
5:30 pm: nurse if I am home, bottle if not
Play, cat naps
8:00 pm: bathtime
8:30 pm: nurse or bottle just depends
9 pm: BED

Our Dr. told us not to worry about starting foods until we are ready...Collins hasn't been acting like she is crazy hungry after her bottles yet, so I am going to give it a few weeks, once we get settled into our new house and then we will start out with rice cereal! Yay!

And now for the picture OVERLOAD, be warned:

Love this face:)  At her 4 month check up

 THESE are the chubby thighs I LOVE SO, SO much!
 She's standing up so good!
 Loves her exercauser.




We love you so much sweet baby girl! Being your parents is the BEST gift that God could ever give us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer