Skip to main content

We took a vacation...

in AUGUST...and I only took like 14 pictures...SHAME. What gives?? I used to LOVE taking pictures...granted it's always been a little harder when it is just Mikey and I together. He's not really a fan of a million pictures, and it seems kind of silly anyways. Right?

But, regardless of my picture taking inability, I still wanted to document our little summer vacay. Because it was FAB and much needed at that time.

We left on Friday night after work and headed to my family's condo in Hilton Head. Here we enjoyed the BEACH, a little putt putt, eating out, shopping, etc. We were total lazy bums our whole vacation and it was absolutely wonderful. It was so nice not to be on a schedule and to do whatever WE wanted to do.

One night we did dinner, putt putt, and ice cream...I felt like a little kid. It was so fun! Y'all, let me just tell you...I BEAT MIKEY AT PUTT PUTT. He was not happy about it! Ha! This is a guy who plays golf at least twice a month...and he's pretty decent. Not great, but not terrible by any means. I beat him by FOUR strokes!

See how serious he was?!?
We also enjoyed dinner at one of my favorite places in Hilton Head, Skull Creek Boathouse. The seafood is great, but the atmosphere is what I really love. They have a HUGE deck overlooking the intercoastal, we got there right before sunset...it was absolutely gorgeous.

Whether we were in Hilton Head or Beaufort, the whole vacation was about sleeping late, being lazy on the beach, reading, watching movies, and just enjoying some down time together.

We headed to Beaufort Monday night for the second part of the vacation. It was the first time Mikey and I had ever been to our family's house in Beaufort and had the WHOLE house to ourselves, it was kinda crazy. The house is made to sleep 18 people, so when it is just two of you, it feels a little lonely. But, we LOVED it. We cooked, slept some more, napped on the hammock, went to the beach, swam in the pool, took a LONG bike ride around Hunting Island state park, enjoyed a fancy dinner downtown, and RELAXED. Pure heaven.

I had never been to the top of the lighthouse on Hunting Island before, so we did that one day before heading out to the beach. I'm NOT really a fan of heights and no, this isn't that high...but it was still plenty scary enough for me. I don't think I could have done it if someone else would have been up there with us. I don't trust people! I'm glad I did it though, the views were AMAZE!

The lighthouse
Stairs, looking up.
Beautiful view.
Me, holding on:)

Mikey, looking super calm at the top of the lighthouse.
Other view.
At dinner, solo photos can get a bit boring, yes? We had an AMAZING dinner somewhere we had never eaten before, we even splurged and got dessert, simply delicious.
We then walked around downtown Beaufort afterward. They have the most beautiful waterfront park (where our rehearsal dinner was, so yes...I am a bit biased). But, for real...the park was just re-done with gorgeous palms, lights, seating, swings, etc. It's so pretty, and on this perfect summer night they were playing the movie Shag on the lawn, so cool!



On Friday, we headed to Garden City, to spend a weekend with friends. I can't even remember the name now, but we essentially followed a hurricane up the coast of South Carolina, it rained all day Friday, we took our time getting there though and stopped in Charleston for lunch at one of our faves. The waves were HUGE all night, it was crazy, but we weren't in any real danger. There was some flooding of smaller roads, but nothing extreme. Luckily, we woke Saturday to decent skies and the girls still enjoyed a day on the beach. Again...one of those weekends, no one busted out the camera AT ALL. We cooked in both nights and played lots of card games, we went to our local favorite, Hot Fish Club Saturday night for a little birthday celebration for one of the girls. All in all, it was a pretty laid back weekend. Especially for me...probably my first weekend trip where I couldn't drink and everyone else was boozing it up the entire time! A little different for sure.

So hard to believe how DIFFERENT our summer vacation will be NEXT year!! We will have a six month old baby GIRL with us....eeekkkk:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer