Skip to main content

My maternity wardrobe. For now.

I wore my first official "maternity" shirt today. It still isn't really necessary as many of my tops still fit and you can most definitely find plenty of tunics/empire waist shirts this season that double as maternity wear. I just really liked this tunic I ordered from Gap so I was ready to wear it! I will be interested to look back at this when I am in the last bit of my pregnancy and see what all changes.

I haven't worn any of my maternity pants yet as the Bella Band seems to be doing the trick for now and I've been wearing a ton of dresses. Although, I will say that as convenient as the bella band is so you don't have to buy tons of maternity pants, mine constantly rolls down and it gets pretty annoying. I have the Target brand one and the real one, and they both do it. I've tried wearing them several different ways but they just don't stay put that well.

Target Be Maternity camis. I got one of these in black and white, they are great for layering and perfect maternity bc they are so long.
Target, good basic tees...come in a wide range of colors.
Thank goodness for Old Navy having maternity outerwear. I purchased this when I could get it for 30% off (as I did with all I have bought from ON and Gap, which definitely helps. Who likes to spend money on MATERNITY clothes, ick...not me!) I haven't worn it yet, obvi...being in SC we are still having 80 degree days. But, I know I will need it this winter. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's cute and it will do.
Old Navy cardi, cute and comfy.
Gap, cowlneck dress. Basic black dress, should be able to style and wear this tons of different ways.
Gap, always skinny demi panel. My favorite jeans in maternity! Woohoo! I always thought I would purchase at least one pair of designer maternity jeans, but honestly...after Gap's big re-do of their jeans...I really like them. These look almost identical to my regular always skinnies...very chic.
Gap, forever sexy bootcut demi panel. Again, haven't worn these yet...but I really like the cut of them.
Gap, sweater. Great basic.
Gap, tunic. This is the one I have on today...first time I was able to bust out the leggings, tunic and riding boots for the year! I got this tunic in a couple of colors, love it. Although, not sure it will be long enough by the time the end of the third trimester rolls around with that big ole belly I'll have! I'm SHORT, 5'1 ...maybe 5'1/2 on a good day, and this tunic isn't that long on me.

I have also purchased several "work" tops from Ann Taylor Loft and a pair of black "work" pants. (for some reason I can't figure out how to copy and paste pictures from their website, ha!) Most of these tops are still too big for me right now, which is fine. I told my colleagues to just get used to seeing me in the same black pants constantly. I may buy one other pair of "work" pants but I do NOT want to buy more than that. Thankfully, my firm is pretty casual and I can wear dressy jeans/leggings/tunics if I'm not going to be in court. But, I still have to have some "professional" maternity attire. Blah!

I have my eye on a couple of things at Pea in the Pod and a local boutique here for when I need a dressier outfit and for my showers. But, for the most part I am desperately trying not to spend a bunch of money on maternity clothes. I'm sure knowing my luck, my next child will be a summer pregnancy and I will have to buy all new clothes, yuck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer