Skip to main content

Throw Back Thursday and more

Last day of work for the week, makes me verrah verrah happy! We are off to Beaufort tomorrow for Easter weekend with the family. It is supposed to be 85 degrees on Saturday, how exciting! Hopefully we can go out in the boat.

Also, BIG confession to make...you know how I said I gave up fried foods for Lent? Umm, yeah...that lasted about umm 3 days. And then we went on vacation and we stopped at fast food, and you know how the story goes....point being: I have ZERO discipline. ZERO. Its pretty terrible actually. The whole P90X working out thing, oh yeah, that has been put on the back burner too. Mikey and I both truly want to do this, it just seems like something always comes up. The whole system is designed by the week, so we feel like we need to start at the beginning of the week, etc. Well, what we really need to do is work out in the mornings before work, but how often does that happen? Riiiight, that's probably the absolute LAST thing on my mind when the alarm goes off. I am officially the world's WORST morning person. So, we say...oh well we will workout when we get home. And then....happy hour, baseball games, random errands, dinner with parents, the list goes on and on...always comes up! So, needless to say we have done oh about a week or two's worth of the P90x so far. It truly is PATHETIC. I don't really know how to fix it...I honestly think some people are just born with tons of discipline and some aren't. I have friends who have all the discipline in the world when it comes to eating and working out...but I just can't do it. I don't get it?? Any ideas on how to fix this?

So I am now making a promise to myself and the world (via my blog): I WILL NOT EAT ONE PIECE OF FRIED FOOD THE WHOLE MONTH OF APRIL AND I WILL BEGIN A SERIOUS EXERCISE REGIMEN BEGINNING FRIDAY APRIL 2ND, TO INCLUDE P90X WORKOUTS. I WILL ALSO START AND STICK WITH A WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY POST SO THAT I CAN HOLD MYSELF TO LOSING WEIGHT.

Okay, for some odd reason...that makes me feel better. Pray for me, I truly need help in the discipline department. Mikey has more than I do...but then I somehow talk him out of stuff, i.e., waking up to workout, eating at home, etc. BAD CAROLINE, BAD!

Now on to Throw Back Thursday, this time last year...we hosted a shower for our friends Mike and Anna Durstine on Friday night at Matt and Erica Billingsley's house. Good times were had by all, but sadly I have no pictures from that night. Up and at em' early Saturday morning, Maggie, Jill and I headed down to Atlanta for our best friend Angela's shower and bachelorette party! WHAT. A. NIGHT.

This is the whole group before hitting the streets of the ATL. (yes, that is an inflatable penis...and yes, it went with us everywhere that night.)


All the girls at Angela's bridal shower that day at the Swan House Inn.

Maggie, Jill and I at the brunch.
What a fabulous weekend that was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer