Skip to main content

Tuesday Takeover: Part Deux

So to follow up on a hack job I did several years ago, I feel the need to take over this blog once more.  

Caroline does an amazing job keeping up with our life, our busy, hectic, never dull moment life.  And she does an amazing job documenting it, I know this will be the photo albums of our generation, and the kids will love it later in life.  But that's not the purpose of this post....

Our weekends are busy, our lives are fun, our hearts are full.  Being together since our sophomore years in college (15+ years), our life came full circle this past weekend to where we spent many of those college nights, and my 21st, good ole Pavlovs.... yeah we are old...we got judged...young people stared......  but thats ok.   

It got me thinking about how far Caroline and I have come since we had the ole "DTR" in south tower in 2003.  To think we went from bunk beds and weekend visits to a family of 5 in 15 years, with law school, 4 houses together, and a dog, we've been through a lot. I can still remember the look on Caroline's face when I sat her down and very romantically said "so whats up with us?"  The roll of the eyes, the blushing, the falling over on the bed response "ugghh...... I mean I guess we are dating" was her response.  Like that, my life was forever changed, almost as good of a line that was used in high school at a party one night with her.... but I digress.... you see, we go back further than 2003, you could say Caroline has always been my girl, from first grade on, I never let her go.  Any chance I got to see her, she had my full attention, whether it be at a party, her coming to eat where I worked, Ms Chapin pageant where I would go see other friends, she was always the one I was most excited to see.  Ever since her birthday party at the skating rink in 1st grade, where we sat side by side as 1st grade boyfriend and girlfriend, she's been the one.

Chances are if you are reading this, you know Caroline and me, because Caroline doesn't write these for anyone other than her family.  But I'm writing this to let everyone know, to let Caroline know, that my fire for her burns more so today, more with everyday, than ever before.  Some of her friends will say my fire might burn too much for her, but that is ok, they are bad friends... 😏.  

I could never keep up with everything Caroline does around the house, organizing the kids, scheduling our social life, the list goes on.  I don't show her enough appreciation for all that she does for our family.  In a recent "conversation with elevated voices", I made the profound argument that Caroline takes me for granted and doesn't show me any appreciation.... and boy was that a fun argument to make, because immediately after I said it, I started to think about the shoe on the other foot, and how I show her my appreciation.... and crickets in my head.  I kiss Caroline, I hug her, I can't get enough of her, but that is not her love language, that is me, all of those things are for me.  Yes it may make her feel loved and wanted, but that is not her.  I was putting myself first, not her, and that is what my life has become.  My priorities were no longer her, it was me.  

I want YOU to know Caroline, that you are the love of my life, my attraction for you has never faded, it has only grown with each day.  As you go on your daily life being an amazing mother to our children, watching and learning from you daily, my love grows.  I know I suck at showing you any appreciation, and I take what you do around the house for granted.  Just know that the last 15 years of our lives have been amazing, watching you grow personally, professionally, watching our family grow has been a hell of a roller coaster that I don't want to stop.  I love seeing you get excited for the projects we do to the house (but i don't want to do anymore so stop thinking), but I love seeing you get excited for the future, and I'm excited to share that future with you. 

Please don't change a bit (except maybe spending less.... hey i can still ask right?), you light up my life, you light up our children's lives, even Milly has come around to liking you after almost 9 years.  Cheers to the DTR in 2003, and raising our kids to being the best they can be.  

At the end of the day, we probably all take our loved ones for granted, its another day with more sh*t to be done, that needs to get done to make it through the day.  We all need to take time and step back and remember what really matters, what came first in your life, what needs to still be first in your life.  Everything else will fall into place if you have your priorities right.  

The day she became legally obligated to love me for life

Rock the Dock 2007, conveniently located across the street from our new house, and for sale if anyone wants to be our neighbor.... as you can tell, the back yard has huge potential for parties 

Our first fb picture together, not sure what happened to the previous 4 years, guess we are so old we couldn't upload our film pictures...



 

Comments

  1. Awww :) I'm glad Mark doesn't know how to hack my blog. He wouldn't be this sweet! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h