Skip to main content

weekend rewind and tidbits

We had a family date night last Monday before sending our girl off to the low country with her cousin and Lolly for a few days.  We took ALL of the kids to the park, dinner and to see Finding Dory! I was so impressed with how long the boys lasted…they were free, so we figured it wouldn’t be a bid deal if one of us had to take them outside and walk around for a bit.  They lasted about half way through the movie before we had to go on a little adventure around the theatre and get some popcorn…but they keep talking about Dory!  Of course, Collins loved it. 

 

We missed our little diva, but it was nice to get some extra time with just the boys.  They are a mess and are going to give me a run for my money!  But, goodness gracious…they make me giggle and turn my heart into mush in seconds. 


Getting sweaty a the park!
Movie time!
 
My girl in Beaufort 
Sweet boys holding hands 
Messy boys!!
Crazy boys :-)

We had no lake time this weekend, as we were busy packing and attending a 1st birthday party and a wedding!  We did make time for several hours at the pool Sunday afternoon, which was nice.  The water isn’t so refreshing, but the kids absolutely love going to the pool so it was a fun few hours away from the chores at our house.

 

9 more days until we move…and we have no clue where we are going.  How’s that for chaos!!!?  Seriously, all of my friends always say we have the easiest time selling houses…which we have been very lucky…but this housing saga/drama we’ve been thru in the past month makes up for it.  We decided to walk away from the fixer upper we were thisclose to calling our own.  It just had way too many issues (asbestos, subfloor was about to fall through in the bathroom) and it was totally ruining our renovation budget.  Then, we got in a bidding war (and lost) on another house on the lake in 24 hours over the weekend.  My nerves seriously can’t handle all of this!  We will probably rent for a bit and take our time so when the next good deal comes on the market we can (hopefully) make it ours. 

 

Anyways, no point in stressing over it.  Home is where my family is, and no matter where we are living it, we will make the best of it.  Happy Tuesday, friends!


I guess I lied... We did take a sunset cruise on the lake Friday night with friends and then went out to dinner on the lake, it was a fun night. 

A beautiful wedding Saturday night. 


Xoxo

 
 
 
 

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h