Skip to main content

A journal entry on my girl.

Sorry y'all, this post is ALL over the place. I wrote over a few months and added to it every so often. And this is definitely a post that is just for my memory. I didn't feel like taking the time to edit it and make it sound coherent:-)


I first drafted this around her 2nd birthday in February.   Now updating May 1.

I’ve been meaning to take the time to write down what all little C is saying these days.  It’s like she started talking in sentences overnight.  So crazy. 

 

Her article of choice is “e.”  E daddy.  E milly.  Etc.  And actually, Milly is Nilly.

 

Sofia the first is “fia”

 

She loves her “pincess books”  Princess

 

If we ask her to do something she says “otay” and it is so darn cute.

 

We hear lots of “no momma” “no daddy” due to her new independent streak

 

My mom has always told C that she was “Lolly’s” girl…it’s just her thing.  Well I’ll say, “Collins are you mama’s girl?”  and she’ll say “NO, I olly’s girl!”  It is so cute.  EVERY time.  So then we taught her that she is “olly’s girl” “mama’s angel” and “daddy’s princess” and she’ll go around saying that.  HEART melter.

 

*updating this still before I post……..May 1: 

Talks ALL the TIME now.  I can pretty much determine what she is saying 95% of the time. 

Her new thing recently is to say “yaaaah” to everything…like a little valley girl or something, no clue where that came from.  Of course, I immediately say “yes maam” or whatever is fitting, but it makes me laugh.  Yaaaah momma, yaaaaah.  Hear it ALL the time.

She still says Olly instead of Lolly, Nilly instead of Milly.  Fadison instead of Madison.  Pooper instead of Cooper.  (these are her friends at daycare). 

 

Don’t know where she learned this but if she doesn’t want you to do something or doesn’t like something, she will wave her pointer finger back and forth “no, no, no”….i mean, honestly?  2 going on 12? So bossy!  Not a clue where she got that;-)

 

Says “mama, help” when she needs something.  *melts my heart*


Loves her cousins belle Grady... And says it just like that! 

May 22: update:

 

She’s started “fibbing” and I can’t help but laugh…but oh my goodness, where does she learn it?  She fell the other day and got a scratch on the inside of her leg….well Ms. Weezie asked her where that came from and Collins said “momma popped me!”  WHAT the WHAT?!?  And Weezie said…”no way” and then she said “lolly did it.”  bahahhahahahha!!!!  No clue where this stuff comes from.  


 

As far as her personality, me oh my……she is a BOOGER.  Whining a bit too much for my preference, but we haven’t entered full on tantrums or anything, she just cries or whines if she doesn’t get her way.  I don’t give in to her most of the time, but it sure is nice to shut the whining up.   I try to explain that whining and crying isn’t the nice way to act…but you know, not really sure she gets that quite yet, ha.  Still sweet as sugar a lot too.  She loves to help do anything, clean, laundry, chores…but she especially loves to help clean. 


Love this little boog more than life!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer