Skip to main content

Easter 2012

This Easter was so special for the Glenn family. My mom and I spent the week in Beaufort, for "spring break" (more on that later) with friends and Mikey and my dad joined us for the weekend. Easter Sunday was Collins' first church appearance and she did wonderful! She slept like an angel the whole time:) She woke up one time when the hand bells got really loud and she looked a bit confused, but went right back to snoozing peacefully. We got married in Beaufort, Sc even though we live in Columbia....so we went to the church where we got married for Easter which was really special. We try and visit there when we go to Beaufort but have actually spent Easter Sunday there the past three years now.

My brother and his wife celebrate Easter with her family, so it was just the four of us and Collins on Sunday. We had a beautiful service at church and then came back to the house and prepared Easter lunch. Easter lunch is one of my favorite holiday lunches, (just behind thanksgiving) I just love what our Easter "tradition" for lunch is and Easter is such a special holiday. We have ham, potato salad, green beans, mac and cheese and deviled eggs....YUMMY. In fact, because of leftovers I still have that food...delish, bad for the post preggo weight loss though!!!

It was so nice to relax on Sunday after lunch, the weather was beautiful, the Masters was great, and we were in the low country...what's not to love!! We put off leaving as long as possible...didn't come home until the Masters was over! I hate Sunday afternoons when we have to leave Beaufort to come back to the real world. Boo! We took lots of pics on Sunday, but of course it is just hard to get good pictures of a 7 week old! So we just work with what we have...

Waving hey!

Family pic...this was after church and sweet girl was ready to eat, so she was fussy during most of these pics, but that's okay! She is a baby after all:)
Family of three:)
TWO easter baskets! One from Lolly and Granddaddy and one from mommy and daddy! PS~ when did the Easter bunny become Santa Claus? I keep seeing people's pictures and a lot of people go completely OVERBOARD! I always got one or two "things" aka clothes/toys in my easter basket but it was mainly candy...I swear a lot of kids get as much as Santa bring! It's nuts! We did NOT go overboard, what will she know anyways!?! We got her a precious kissy kissy bubble for the summer, it is adorable with little starfish and seahorses on it and has ruffles on the booty:) Lolly and Granddaddy got her a jellycat bunny, two pairs of sandals and Pat the bunny book. Collins still made out pretty good!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday with your families!

Comments

  1. OMG, couldn't agree more with you on the Easter Bunny/Santa Claus comparison. I only got candy, kids are getting more and more spoiled it seems. Your Collins is soooooo precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer