Skip to main content

Get Excited!!!!

I'm back:)

I know...you were dying without me, right?!?

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a bad blogger. I'm okay with that. Once I get out of it for a few days...I just get really OUT of it and have no desire to jump back in..it seems exhausting sometimes. A bunch of stuff has gone on at work lately and I have been CRAZY busy, which is good...but also leaves NO time to blog. Oh well.

I've also come to terms with the fact that I have a sweet tooth. BAD. I've never really thought of myself as someone who has a sweet tooth, but me-oh-my...was I so wrong. I will buy/fix sweets and then have to throw them away so I don't eat the whole thing in one sitting! I even baked my FIRST cake recently! Yes, me! Okay...so it was an "out of the box" kind, but it still counts!! It was freaking unbelievably delicious. I absolutely HATE the word moist, but there really is no other way to describe it. For reals, even Mikey was super impressed:) I know, y'all are probably laughing at me, because this isn't really baking, but if you knew my skills in the kitchen you would be proud!! Anyways, I had to end up throwing half of it away because I was too tempted to eat the whole thing at once. Yummmyyyyyy!

Since the last time I blogged, I've enjoyed a wonderful girls weekend in Charleston, a fun wedding with all of our best friends, and a gorgeous low-key weekend in Beaufort. I've been SO slack about taking pictures. I need to do a big picture dump post soon because I feel like I will be so mad if I don't document events with pictures (so when I'm 50 I can look back and laugh). BUT, I need my friends to upload and send them to me first dang it!!

On that girls weekend, I got to go meet up with my beautiful bride to be Sarah and try on wedding dresses. SHE FOUND THE ONE...and no this is NOT it:) But, she looked so beautiful in all of them, i had to post one pic.!! We both got teary eyed when she put the "one" on...I am so happy and honored that I got to be there for that experience with her. Sarah asked me to be her MOH (I hate the word matron, it sounds so old, right!?!) and I couldn't be more thrilled. I've watched her and Matt grow over the past ELEVEN (yep, you heard that right!) years and they are by far one of the most wonderful couples I know. I cannot wait for all of her wedding festivities to begin:)
I guess I need to update on the fact that I finished boot camp. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't really that hard, so there goes hoping I would magically lose ten pounds in a month! ha! Oh well, next month, right?

Starting last weekend with our trip to Beaufort, begins FOUR weekends out of town in a row! We have SO many fun and exciting events planned over the next three months I can hardly stand it. To recap:
April 2: Beaufort with the fam (shopping, front porch rockin', bike riding on beautiful Hunting Island, sleeping late!)
April 9: "Monday after the Masters" in Myrtle Beach. I am SO pumped about this. My friend Becca serves on the board for this event and invited Mikey and I to spend the weekend down there with them, it should be good times! Go here to read about it...Darius Rucker, Josh Kelly...need I say more!?! There will be fun events all weekend long, so excited.
April 15: Hilton Head Island with Mikey's sisters family. We were originally planning on making the trip to Jacksonville to meet our NEW niece Emerson:) But, when we found out our condo in HHI was available we decided it would be way more fun to meet half way! Less driving, a weekend at the beach with precious babies...looking forward to it!
April 23: The HERITAGE!!! EASTER!!! We will leave Thursday night to head back to Hilton Head Island for the weekend, but this time with 20 of our best friends for one of my favorite weekends of the year. The Heritage golf tournament is always held the week after the Masters, and is always super fun and laid back. It is a PARTY!

Whew. Kinda makes me tired just reading all that. But, I absolutely LOVE this time of year (not too hot yet) and I can't wait to enjoy all of these events on the BEAUTIFUL South Carolina coast!

Okay, that's enough rambling for now...

Comments

  1. so happy i found your blog. i hope you'll follow back. My name's Anna. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I grow up in the south and moved to Cali after graduating from college in Alabama. I'd love if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer