Skip to main content

The Friday (Thursday) Five.

Well, today is my Friday...so we will just go with it.  I won't blog for the rest of my long weekend so might as well go ahead and do my Friday Five post.  I am so, so excited about spending the long weekend in Beaufort.  It has been way too long since we have been there for my low country loving heart.  Too long, I tell ya.  I'm really liking the tradition of spending Easter there for right now.  We attend the church where we got married and cook our Easter dinner and enjoy the day RELAXING.  I know when C gets a little older I will want her to participate in our home church's activities and Easter service, but for now I'm soaking up the opportunity to spend this GLORIOUS Easter holiday on the coast.

1. Last night we celebrated two of my bestest friends 30th birthdays with a GIRLS night at Let's Cook.  This is the second time we have done a birthday celebration there and it does not disappoint.  The food is delish.  We probably aren't his favorite audience bc we tend to lose interest in the actual cooking instructions about half way thru and just want to chat...but the food is delicious.  It's something different and fun to do besides just going to a normal restaurant. 



2.  I am so jealous and thankful that Mikey gets so many days off per year.  Ms. Weezie (Collins' daycare) doesn't take off much time, but she was off today and tomorrow, and while I have tomorrow off Mikey was able to take off today to be with Collins.  I love that he sends me pictures.  He sent me one last night of her cuddling with him and it made me super jealous.  She will not cuddle with me much:-(  I went and spent lunch with her yesterday to ensure plenty of snuggle time with my girl, but she got sad when I left...makes my heart hurt a little.  Love that baby girl so much.

Cuddle time this morning before her nap.

 Mid day walk...apparently she likes to stand up when she rides.



3. Just like everyone else in America, I am wondering WHERE THE HELL IS SPRING?  I mean I got some new spring clothes I need to wear, stat.  No, but for real....this past week has been one of the coldest all winter (I may have just made that up but it sure feels like it.) 

Going to take advantage of being near a J.Crew Factory outlet this weekend.  
 Going BRIGHT for Easter with Loft.
 Perfect summer tee from Loft.
 Another I intend to snag from the Crew.


4.  So, after my long review of my new drugstore brand make up...I think I may retreat back to some of my former more expensive loves.  But, just on some stuff.  I'm definitely going to keep using the L'oreal products as well....but for instance: the blush goes SUPER fast (obvi bc there is less of it which is why it is cheaper, so really not worth it), the ELF bronzer is too much sparkle, need something with less Jersey shore tint to it (my old staple of Bare Minerals).  I'm still pleased with the foundation and concealer, but I'm not really digging using a loose powder and may revert back to my old Lancome standby.  So, mainly just the blush, bronzer and powder. 

5. I went to a Matilda Jane trunk show this week and ordered the cutest top for C to wear this summer/early fall.  Seriously, there clothes are PRECIOUS.  This line is so funky and fun...definitely not something I would want her to wear ALL the time, but so cute and different for every now and then.  Plus, I couldn't afford for her to wear it all the time;-) 

The top I got, shown on an older girl and a baby for comparison.  

 My absolute favorite dress...but it doesn't start until size 2...you better believe this will be in Collins' wardrobe next summer...in love.  The clothes are so verstaile, the back of this dress is so cute and I only pictured it as a summer dress, but then you go online and realize how stinkin' cute it would be in the fall too!  LOVE this line.


Okay, that's way too much rambling for one day.

Happy weekend, and Happy Easter!  The best holiday of all!

xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer