Skip to main content

{ONE}

Love.  You think you know what it is...but once you become a parent it ALL changes.  I heard it a million times...the love of a momma, a parents love, there's nothing like it, etc.  You just don't get it, till you do.  And when you do...oh how wonderful it is.   Having a child is by far God's greatest blessing.  He chose YOU to be a parent.  It's a big job.  It's the most rewarding job in this life.  It's forever.  It's for always.

As my first year as a momma came to a close, I reflected on what it all meant.  What had I learned, what had I witnessed, how had I grown?  And let me tell you, there is NO better word to sum it up than LOVE.  I love that baby girl with EVERY inch of my being.  I love so fiercely it can hurt.  But, the JOY of LOVING a child far outweighs the hurt that that love may endure.  And no, I haven't had to really experience any hurt yet, but I am just speaking on a general term of the worry that I already feel for the million ways I can screw up as a momma and the worry I had every single night in those early months.  The worry will never go away, it will show up in all forms for the rest of my life as a momma.  But, the LOVE will never go away either; and that my friends, is AMAZING

To the light of my life:

Little C,

I'm not a good writer, so you'll just have to bear with me...because there are so many things I want to say.  But, most importantly...I want you to know that you are without a doubt, the BEST gift God could give me.

This past year, has "floated by in the blink of an eye" as your party invitations say.  And it really has.  I would swear that The Hood's were visiting us in the hospital laughing at your daddy and Granddaddy enjoying a beer just a couple months ago...NOT a full year.  It's crazy how time escapes so quickly.  I've tried my best to freeze it as often as possible over this past year and truly soak up every opportunity to spend loving on you.  That's what I want you to always remember me by.  That I gave you my time, that I did the fun things, and that you were so, so loved.

You decided to tell my body that you were ready to enter this world at 38 weeks gestation, and baby girl...I am so glad you did.  I could not have asked for a better labor and delivery...you arrived to us perfectly healthy at 1:31 pm on Friday February 17, 2012.  The minute my life changed forever.  I'll never forget it.

You've been {almost} a complete angel ever since.  I don't know what we did to deserve it (or if God is really just planning a big pay back with your future sibling(s)) but you have been and are {for the most part} the best baby.  Sure, you get fussy at times, and have had your fair share of separation anxiety, but you are so laid back and easy going most of the time.  Nothing has ever really been an issue with you.  Breastfeeding, you did great.  First bottle of formula?  You didn't bat an eyelash. Sleeping?  Mastered that at 7 weeks and haven't looked back.  Food?  You LOVE it.  Just like your mama.  Sippy cups?  Done. You haven't used a bottle in over a month (sad). The switch to cow's milk was seamless. *And as I have repeated on here numerous times, I know there are plenty of issues that can still crop up, ie toddlers sleeping problems, etc., but this post is on how well your FIRST year went*  Your daddy and I constantly joke that we are scared for what's next (regarding any future siblings for you) because you have made this so easy on us.* Or of course, maybe you are just saving up all your energy for the terrible two's.*   You, my sweet girl, truly have been an angel baby.

Your laugh can make me smile for hours.  You just squeal with delight at so much these days.  Any time you hear a song or I sing (which you will learn later in life is probably the WORST sound you could possibly hear) you CLAP your little heart out.  A good game of peek-a-boo still makes you giddy and you simply LOVE when I pretend to bite your finger/toe/foot/etc.  Seriously, your giggles don't stop for minutes.  It is absolute music to my ears.

Your daddy worked his magic and you took your first steps on February 5 (about two weeks before you turned 1!).  However, you are still very timid in this area and haven't really started walking yet. (edited...about March 1 you started really walking on your own without us having to encourage you...you only get about 15 steps before you crash, but you are getting there!) You can totally do it...you just don't have your confidence up yet.  Your daddy was so happy he got to see your first steps though..and I'm sure you'll be off and running soon enough.  You can haul it with your little walkers though and your stride to ride puppy is one of your favorite toys. I started writing this post on February 20, on February 21...between your Granddaddy and I we got you walking 7-8 steps like a pro.  You still have to be encouraged, but you are getting there little girl! 

You are starting to LOVE music.  In the past month or so, you really notice when it is on, or when someone starts singing.  We don't watch TV much, you just haven't been that interested, but recently you have finally shown some interest in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when the music/dancing parts are on.  Your granddaddy let you hold his old Ipod last night and you were just a dancin' to it...it was so cute.  You've also started to shake your head no.  Not really sure you do it for the right reasons all the time...but it's pretty precious nonetheless.  Ms. Weezie has also been teaching you sign language, and you've definitely got the "more" sign down...that's my girl...little miss piggy;-)

You have 4 teeth with two more coming in.  You drool a lot, and get some pretty gruesome diapers, but otherwise teething has been a non issue.  Thank goodness.  You do have quite the buck toothed grin right now though, it's so cute.  Your daddy is already worried about braces!

I can't really call you my little peanut anymore.  You weighed in at a whopping 20lb 8oz for your 1 year appointment.  I knew you had grown a ton, but goodness gracious...Belle has nicknamed you the new "chunkamonka."  I think you just had a late growth spurt as you only gained a little over a pound between 6 and 9 months, so you made sure to make up for it this time.   You went from 8% to 60% in weight, BIG booger!!  And stayed at 10% for height.  So, I am going to go ahead and apologize now...but you get it from your mama.  But, really...there's not much cuter than your leg rolls and there's only a couple more years where it's cute for a little girl to have leg rolls...so I'm gonna go with it now.  Because they are adorable.

You are looking more like your daddy every day so says your Lolly and Ms. Weezie.  But, apparently you still look a LOT like your Granddaddy Richardson too.  I put a picture up of you the other day on Facebook and had THREE people comment that " that must be Kenny Richardson's granddaughter!"  I think you are a good combination of everyone...and you are YOU ...my most beautiful little girl.

You are becoming more and more vocal every day...the only real words I've heard are mama and bye bye...but you babble constantly now and love to "oohhh"  "uuhhh" and " aaaahhhh" a lot.  You just like to hear your voice.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being you.  You made me a momma, and brought me the greatest joy in the world.  It's me and you forever, Colls.  I pray for a relationship with you like I have with your Lolly.  I am so thankful that I get to be YOUR momma.  Forever.  I love you forever, Colls Bolls.  This past year has been truly incredible and I cannot wait for many, many more. 

1 year stats:

Weight: 20lb 8oz
Diapers: size 3, moving to size 4 soon
Jams: moving into 9 months
Clothes: Mostly 9-12 months

Routine:

7-8 am: wake anytime between that hour depending on the day
8-9: play/sippy cup with milk/breakfast
9:30/10:30: depending on when you woke up, you are ready for your nap, last about 1.5 hours
11/12:30-2:00ish: play, lunch, sippy cup
2/3:00: nap two
4-8: play, dinner, sippy cup, bath
8:00: bed

Only one picture as this photo session was taken when your daddy was out of town and it was nearly impossible to get a bunch of pictures without you wanting to climb right out of the chair!


xoxo.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer