Skip to main content

To my boys {almost two months late}



MY BOYS:

A whole hand.  I can’t believe it.  The past five years have gone by at lightning speed!  You two silly, crazy, sweet, handsome boys celebrated FIVE like you do all other things- with genuine excitement and happiness in your hearts.  Y’all love life to the fullest and have the best imaginations- I could sit and listen to the two of you “play and talk” to each other ALL the live long day.  Y’all rarely fight, but when you do you make up within like 12 seconds, you boys are so different, but yet so the same.  You’ve both grown up in SO many ways and sometimes I have to blink to remind myself you are still my babies (because you are and always will be) but you both still have remnants of “babyhood” that I sure hope stays around a little longer.  It’s been a complete JOY to be your mama the past five years, as much as I want to keep you this AGE FOREVER, I know it’s not possible and am excited to watch you two grow and blossom in life.  I pray you two are always each other’s biggest supporters, best friend, and playmate.  Happy, Happy Birthday to my baby boys!

GRAHAM:
Oh my little Grahambo, because you are still little… we joke about that being because you are the PICKIEST eater alive!  OMG, you take after your daddy 1000% in that regard from when he was a little kid.  One day, maybe you’ll grow out of it…  In the past 6 months, you’ve developed quite the little sass/attitude and while it can drive me crazy it also makes me laugh.  You constantly say “oh come on now” when I tell you something to do or you don’t get your way.  You aren’t quite as “obedient” as you used to always be, but most of the time you are still a rule follower and a good listener.  You love to tattle tale ;-) which we work on, poor Thomas can’t do ANYTHING with you around, lol.  You do not snuggle and love on me nearly as much as you used to and it makes me so sad, but every once in a while you will oblige me and give me lots of good cuddles and kisses.  You love legos and power rangers the most, and had a blast this summer at ninja warrior camp.  You aren’t obsessed with technology like Thomas is and are much more content to play with cups or paw patrol pups or something using your imagination.  You LOVE to dance naked when you get out of the bath, something that hasn’t gone away since you were little and it makes me laugh so big- until I’m tired of chasing you down to get your jammies on ;-)  You love school and making new friends and I am so excited to watch you learn and grow this year in “4k”- I know you are going to do awesome.  YOU,   my baby boy, bring me so much JOY and HAPPINESS and I am so THANKFUL that I get to be your mama. 

THOMAS:
My tank man, your little personality will be the death of me.  One minute you have us laughing our tails off, the next minute you have my heart in a puddle, and then the next you have me wanting to scream because you won’t listen or are intentionally being bad.  That describes you to a t- you are FUNNY and like to be the “class clown” but you have MORE EMPATHY than your daddy, brother, and sister combined.  You are always the first to check on a sibling to make sure they are okay or the first to offer to do something nice for them out of the kindness of your heart- you feel big, sweet boy and I love that.  BUT, you also get in trouble the MOST for not listening and being mischievous!!  Like I will tell you not to do something five times and you’ll look right at me and do it!!  You are still the best eater and are willing to at least try most foods.  You are OBSESSED with your kindle and we are constantly using it as a behavior incentive, we definitely have to limit your time on it!  You’ve recently become obsessed with singing and like your sister, pick up very easily on words to songs- you could play with “alexa and google” for hours.  You are also our most outside loving child and will disappear to play outside a lot, which is awesome.  You are a daredevil and have NO fear with most things, which scares me!!  Some days you love school and some days “it’s boring” – but you always make friends and have fun wherever you go!  I’m excited to see what the future holds for you!  YOU, my baby boy, bring me so much JOY and HAPPINESS and I am so THANKFUL that I get to be your mama.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer