Skip to main content

A LONG way to go in the LIVING room...

Oh the living room...although the kitchen is the heart of the home, we definitely spend LOTS of time in the den/living room. Eventually we will turn the bonus room into a play room, but right now with C being so young...all of her toys are in here and therefore we are in here a LOT.

Here is the before shot:

 And on to the afters....

Biggest things: floors darker, no more blah beige, and the amazing built in's that my dad built.  I am in LOVE with them.  We used the hardwood flooring leftover from our bedroom for the top and it is perfect!

This room will change a LOT in the coming months/year.  We will have a new sectional, ottoman/coffee table and the red wing back will be recovered.  The wing back will go where the brown chair is now (the brown chair will go to Craigslist!) and we will eventually purchase the Brook recliner from Ballard Designs (where you can supply your own fabric!) to go where the red wing back is now.  (Mikey has always wanted a recliner to watch TV and I think this is a great compromise!  No ugly, old school recliner here...it has great reviews and I get to choose whatever fabric I want....A+ in my book!)  And no, I haven't been living with a bright red wing back in this gray/blue tone room for 6 months.  It was in storage when my parents moved and we just brought it home the other week to get it covered :-)

Eventual place for wing back chair.
View from breakfast room.  One more thing I forgot to add to the master list...must get a new ceiling fan, I HATE that one!  I obviously also need art/frames for each side of the built in...but again, here lies my problem: deciding WHAT to put there!


Another view.  These couches will move to the bonus room.
  
First view of my amazing abstract that Ashley made for me!  I love it!  Hopefully soon, the rest of the room will tie in with it with fabric choices!!
Console table on back wall.  Still need to accessorize/style.

View from kitchen. 
View from wall where console table is.
and again.
Better view of the built in's.  Obviously, I still have a ways to go with these as well...I want to put BIG items on top, just trying to figure out what exactly.  Those baskets on the bottom are full of TOYS:)  And so are the cabinets!  (Luckily we have a big, extra closet in the hallway leading towards the garage where we keep all of her big toys for now.)  I think I did a pretty decent job on the styling of the built in's for now.  I'm sure my designer SIL can come over and improve, but I'm pleased to have done it all by myself.  May have one too many picture frames, but I LOVE showcasing pictures.

Up close of the beautiful painting.  Need to style rest of mantle...

Last view.  Where the recliner will go eventually. 
 

Where it's all from:

Paint: passive by Sherwin Williams
Rug: West Elm
End tables: Pier 1
Coffee table: World Market, will also go to Craigslist when we get ottoman
Couches: Rooms to go
Brown chair: Target, will go to Craigslist whenever we save to buy recliner!
Wing back: parents
Console table: Strobler (local store)
Mirror above console table: Ballard Desings

Still need: 

New sectional from West Elm in stone gray
Brook recliner (still working on fabric choice and ummm...that little thing called money!)
Pick fabric for wing back
Pick fabric for ottoman (think I am just going to buy an inexpensive ottoman from Home Goods or somewhere and have it covered for now.)  I don't think I want to put a lot of money into this piece while C is young and LOVES to put anything/everything on it.
New lamps for end tables (I had some lamps that will probably get used in bonus room now, but I took them off for child proofing purposes!)
Stuff for top of built in
New ceiling fan
New tile for around fireplace (long range plans)
Make pillows out of three fabrics I choose

NEVER.ENDING.  Fo' real.

Maybe I can pick my fabric this weekend and get to work!

Cheers to FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO.

Comments

  1. Looks GREAT!! I love the paint color! The first thought I had when I saw your bookcase/tv area was it would look awesome with huge pieces of pottery on top. Ha! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer