Skip to main content

Nashville recap.

So, Nashville was EVERY bit as amazing as I was hoping. I'm already trying to find a time to plan another trip.  I so wish we had had more time on this one...but we made the best of it.  It was NON stop from the moment our plane touched down, but that's how I like it!

We arrived around 9ish Nashville time and headed straight to our friend's house to drop our bags off and change...Mikey wouldn't even let me take the time to do something with my hair, eek. But, we were paying the taxi driver to sit outside and wait on us.  We got to the bar around 10 and it was time for the BIG surprise!  Sarah was COMPLETELY SHOCKED and super excited.  Seriously, she had NO clue.  Her sister and her husband had already gotten there earlier and surprised her but she definitely did NOT see me coming at all.  SO FUN.  We met them at the bars on Broadway in downtown Nashville.  This is where EVERY bar has a band and there are people everywhere.  TOURISTS galore.  It was PACKED, but awesome.  We basically bar hopped around and listened to great music and enjoyed lots of beverages;-)

We hit up The Stage, Tootsies, Robert's Western World, Second Fiddle, and Honkey Tonk Central just to name a few.  The bands were great, most of them reminded me of boys I went to college with which is cool...good ole Southern boys:-)  We called it a night around 1 and headed back to DP's (Mikey's best friend from high school) house.  The rest of the group stayed at a hotel.

Night 1: WHY didn't I demand some time for my hair? EEEEKKKK.
Sisters plus me.
My main squeeze.
My bestest.

Day two started off with brunch with DP and a LONG drive around Nashville.  DP has lived there for four years now...(remind me WHY again we have never been to visit?!?) and was a great tour guide.  He showed us everything on Music Row from Zac Brown band's studio (he works for their management company) to Reba's offices, to Elvis' first studio, to Sony's offices and to all the small publishing houses, recording studios that make that town what it is.  It was really cool.  He took us to Midtown, where all the locals hang out.... because listening to a band every night with a million crazy tourists probably does eventually get old.  He showed us all of downtown and even drove us around to a little bit of the burbs where all the mansions were.  Around 2 we decided to go meet up with the rest of the group on Broadway and start boozing away ...again.  It was crazy how crowded the bars were during the day time.  Could have helped that the Nashville Predators (hockey) had their opening game that night (arena is ON Broadway) after the lockout.  DP said the radios announced CARRIE would be in attendance watching her husband.  Now, talking about MAKING my trip...if I could have run into her.  HA....in my dreams!  Anyways, we bar hopped some more Saturday afternoon before it was time to go to dinner.  Dinner was at Sambuca, someone had told Chris (Sarah's husband) that it was a must.  It was completely crowded...cool atmosphere...but I'm not sure it was a MUST.  First off, our waiter was TERRIBLE...food never arrived, food was cold, etc.  There were some things we got that were amazing...but some not even close.  I wish we had eaten at The Southern, we stumbled upon it earlier in the day for drinks and apps and it was freaking amazing.  Atmosphere was to die for...food was delish and the waiter was great.  Oh well... next time.

view of broadway.
USHER.  Ha, I kid.  This is Chris, Sarah's husband...doesn't he totally look like Usher from the back?!?
On Broadway.
The girls Saturday bar hopping.

Saturday night.  We attempted to go to a few bars in Printer's Alley (recommended for an after dinner drink by DP) but maybe we went to the wrong ones...we were NOT impressed. SKETCHY, GROSS, and filled with cigarette smoke.  So back to Broadway we went. 


Our whole gang.

DP and a friend of his came to meet up with us Saturday night when he got off work.  So appreciate his hospitality.
Seriously, fell in love with this city.  It doesn't really compare to any other city I've been to.  I want to go back and plan around seeing some good performers at the ryman or grand ole opry...and doing more than just broadway.  We were EXHAUSTED by the time we got home Sunday...woowee!  But, I sure was happy to see this smiling face....

Until next time...

xoxo.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, how fun is that! Looks like a blast. Although, ATL is a pretty great city, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer