Skip to main content

The Friday five.


The Friday Five.

1.        My GAMECOCKS got a W last night to start out the season!!!!!!!!!  And in other news, it may have possibly been the HOTTEST day of summer so far, go figure.  As I stated last year, the beginning of football season brings mixed emotions for me.  I am about as BIG and DEDICATED Gamecock fan as they come, especially football, just because of my love of the sport, but as EXCITED as I am about football season, I also get the end of summer BLUES.  I do NOT like summer ending.  Regardless, we had fun tailgating yesterday.  We didn’t get tickets, so we ended up leaving and going to a friend’s house to watch the game, but wanted to tailgate to celebrate my besties birthday.  Maybe by the time our next home game rolls around it won’t be blazing outside….



2.       In “summer coming to an end” news, we are headed to Beaufort this afternoon for the holiday weekend and what is normally to me the “end of the summer.”  I know in SC it is still SUMMER for a WHILE and hell, It’s really even officially summer until September 22…but Labor Day is the non-official end and normally after that, football gets so busy I just don’t find as much time to be in a bathing suit/enjoying summer activities.  We are having family pictures made down there, which will also be C’s “18 month” photo session.  Can’t believe my little girl is so old. 

3.       Supper club ideas.  We are in a supper club that meets once a month and we LOVE it.  However, our turn to host again is coming up and I’m clueless as to what to fix!  We are hosting next Saturday, during the Carolina/Georgia game, so maybe do a football themed/tailgate?    Okay, that’s definitely what I am going to do….now on to Pinterest to find more fun ideas!

4.       Although….I am a SUMMER girl, I CANNOT wait for FALL TV to start back up.  Seriously.  TV is horrible in the summer…I guess the good thing about that is we spend so much more time outside and later in the evening…I don’ t miss it that much, but SCANDAL and NASHVILLE are calling my name!! We’ve just been using Redbox for movies, but I think I am going to have to renew our membership to Netflix so I can see what all the rave is about with Orange is the New Black and House of Cards. 

5.       Y’all know I am crazy, right?? I’ve already admitted how I am constantly dreaming of the next step…it’s legit crazy.  But, it’s who I am.  I’m currently trying to contemplate whether I would live in a much smaller, much less nice house (I know that grammar makes no sense, just go with me here) to live ON the lake.  No worries, friends…we aren’t moving anytime soon.  Mikey rolls his eyes at my ideas.  But, it’s something I ponder.  I am so into decorating and have SO many ideas about houses, what I want to do, etc. I wonder if I could give it all up to live on the lake for a few years.  We obviously can’t afford a house on the lake right now that is as nice as ours, or nicer…and even the houses that are pretty nice/big but old still aren’t in our price range…so I wonder if I would live in a teeny house that’s old for a bit , but ON the lake and SAVE to build a bigger house on the lake.  Hmmm….  Again, I know…I am nuts.  Just ignore it.

Anyways, happy FRIDAY friends!!!

xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer