Skip to main content

A whole year AND a half.

WHOA.

 

I know, I know…I say this ALL the time, but it really can’t be said enough.  TIME FLIES and I HATE it.  I am absolutely savoring EVERY second possible of “baby” with my baby, but gee golly…she’s just growing up too fast.  TOO FAST.  I just want to record/photograph/capture EVERY single moment because I’m scared I won’t remember it.  Of course, that’s not possible…but I try.  Just this morning, as I was drying my hair and she was lying on my bed watching a few minutes of morning cartoons and drinking her milk…she all of a sudden turned to me with the biggest grin and started waving.  MELT MY HEART.  I immediately had to run over to her and cover her in kisses.  She couldn’t be any cuter if she tried.  (Please remember that I am her mama and I’m allowed to say that, right??  I may or may not be a TAD biased) But, really…all in that fleeting moment, I sat there and thought…my gosh, my baby isn’t a baby anymore.  She’s well into “toddlerhood” and I just don’t like it.  If I could freeze time I would, dang it. 

 

Little miss is so fun these days.  Sure, she’s a toddler and with that comes the occasional “pout” or “stubborn cry” or “fake cry” or “baby tantrum” (we definitely haven’t experienced a full on tantrum yet…but most of all she is pure sweetness.  Constantly grinning and bursting out laughing.  Her full on belly laugh is music to my ears.  She still thinks “peek a boo” is the best game ever.  She still LOVES her lovie and her thumb, her cozy coupe, being outside, sleeping, (praise Lord!), eating (especially sweets), and the water.  (beach, pool or lake).  When you ask for “love” or “kiss” she just leans in and puts her forehead on your head…so sweet.  I’m trying to teach her to use her lips for kisses…but for now it melts me. She still gets pretty overwhelmed in big crowds and only wants me or daddy.   She has discovered shoes in a whole new way recently, and is constantly putting mine on and attempting to walk around.  She LOVES to dance and I have plenty of dance videos on my phone to prove it.  Even during a car ride, if a good beat comes on, she starts bouncing.  She’s trying to learn to snap, loves to clap and LOVES to squeal with delight.  You can blame me for that one, but it is TOO CUTE!

 

Little C still doesn’t have a ton of words, but she “talks” non-stop.  I’m really NOT worried because she can do anything I ask her and can point out body parts/animals in the tub, etc.  It’ll come soon enough.  She calls me (and Mikey) mama… says Mi-y (Milly), bye bye, no, dog, duck, woah, and the occasional “go cocks”.  She has attempted several other words, but these are the ones she says on a normal basis.  She’s NOT a child who will repeat anything you ask, or do something when you ask… like “Collins, where’s your nose?”  She’ll look at me and go “no.”  (in the sweetest little voice ever).  But, when I catch her off guard, she will point straight to it…her favorite body part to point out is her belly.  Lifts up her shirt/dress and everything!!  Ms. Weezie has constantly said she is going to be a child who does things WHEN SHE wants to do them…and this is proving true time and time again.  (OH HEAVENS, what are we in for!?!)

 

She runs around as fast as her short little chubby legs will take her, she’s finally mastered getting on the couch by herself, she’s been sliding right off, but finally can get ON too…again, we are in for it.  Her new favorite thing to do is run around the (new) sectional…we went ahead and moved the coffee table out of the way for now.  As we discovered at the beach, she LOVES to push things now almost more than go for a ride.  She pushed her wagon around on the beach for hours. She’s constantly pushing something around the house. 

 

She’s in mostly 12-18 mo clothes….size 3 diapers are being finished up and size 4’s are being used at Weezie’s.  LOTS of teeth now, almost all of them.  LOTS of hair, that is starting to curl!  Brown hair and curly hair?? WHO is this child?!?  Size three in shoes. 

 

Schedule:

Weekday: wakes up around 7:30/weekends: sometimes 8, sometimes 9:30J

Still taking two naps a day

Bedtime around 8-8:30 on normal/week day nights

 

LOVES: yogurt, bananas, oranges, applesauce, peanut butter, ham, bread, goldfish


At her 18 mo check up:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer