Skip to main content

The Friday five.


Linking up again today with all these fun girls!! 

The Friday Five.

1.        Oh my WORD.  Packing for a 9 day vacation with a 17 month old is SERIOUS business.  Of course, I am quite sure I way over packed…but better safe than sorry.  We are leaving today for a wedding in Beaufort this weekend…Colls is staying with my parents so she can go to our family reunion on the lake.  My dad is really big into family and really wanted her to be there with all of the cousins.  So my awesome mama is going to meet us halfway between Beaufort and Columbia Sunday morning so we can get that baby and spend a GLORIOUS, FULL WEEK at the BEACH!! I am so pumped.  I know we go out of town a LOT, and feel very fortunate for that.  It’s easy to do when you are so close to the coast though.  But, being able to stay at the beach for a whole week is something else entirely…and I am READY. 

2.       I finally took the time to get my HAIR done yesterday.  I had not had it colored since the beginning of APRIL. Y’all…that is nuts.  NUTS.  I used to be able to go that long no problem, but since having little C…my hair has gotten darker.  It still wasn’t terrible, I’m pretty lucky that my natural color is still a dark blonde/very light brown so my roots are never horrible…but I like to be BLONDE!!!  And it was just super long, I decided to keep it long and added in a few long layers…we shall see how long that last.  But, man it feels good to be blonde again.  It’s the little things in life:-)


3.       My SIL is hosting a Matilda Jane trunk show tonight, so my mom is going to place my order.  I think I am going to go with this for baby girl…I want to get a picture session this fall of her in this dress in some type of open field…could be fun? Right?


I also really like this one…



4.       Can we talk about something that is REALLY annoying to me but yet is totally RIDICULOUS that I get annoyed because I could just NOT look at it??  THE DAMN ABUNDANCE OF ALL THINGS FALL ALL OF A SUDDEN ON PINTEREST.  Just STOP IT please, people.  So y’all know I am a SUMMER girl.  SUMMER is my jam.  I mean I like fall and all…and I LOVE football season, but please let’s NOT rush it. ALL of August should still be devoted to SUMMER.  August is one of our hottest months…we are NO where near ready for pumpkins, scarves and “PSL’s” ‘round these here parts, so PLEASE stop blowing up my pinterest with ALL FALL.  I mean fall doesn’t even start until SEPTEMBER 22.  Let’s at least wait until SEPTEMBER until we start talking about it, mmmkay??  (okay, end rant.  I know, I know…totally a silly “problem”...deal with it)

5.       Collins is changing so much right before my very eyes.  It’s so nuts.  She is still a good baby.  A dream sleeper.  But, girlfriend KNOWS what she wants and WHEN she wants it.  (I haven’t a clue where she got that from…..  ;-)  )We haven’t had any major temper tantrums or anything yet…just a couple of times she will lay down and cry on the floor when she is frustrated or can’t get or do something she wants to…but then I walk away and when she realizes it, she just gets right on up and follows me.  Her hair is getting SO long.  She’s still as CHUBBY as can be and I LOVE it.  I could seriously kiss her leg rolls and cheeks ALL.DAY.LONG.  She’s a pretty good eater…veggies are the hardest.   We finally moved up to size 4 diapers last week…my best friend told me she made the switch to Luvs a while back and hasn’t had a problem with them…so I did it too.  I swear I had read reviews and that cheaper diapers were NOT worth it because they didn’t work as well, but we have had ZERO problems with these.  My mom said Luvs were the number ONE diaper when we were little, so I’m pretty convinced Pampers and Huggies just put a crap ton more money into advertising to get more “popular” which is also why they are so much more expensive.  (For example, a box of Pampers swaddlers, size 4…for 124diapers was $38.  A box of Luvs, size 4…for 144diapers, was $25.  RIDICULOUS.  You better believe I’m going to switch if these continue to hold up well. )  She still doesn’t have a ton of words…I feel like she is kind of behind in this area…but she can talk and she 100% gets it and knows what we are talking about, so I’m not too worried.  She points out all of her animals, will do what you ask of her, etc.  She JABBERS/talks a lot…just not a ton of coherent words quite yet.  Girl is running all over the place and her new favorite thing to do is to climb up and down off the couch.  She could do this for 30 minutes straight.  She now gets out her baby dolls and gives them “love.”  MELT MY HEART.  *Guess I just turned this into a 17 month update…*

Comments

  1. Your hair is looking beee-utiful! And omg Collins ... she is just a dollbaby! Those ruffles and that big ol' bow, I'm dying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer