Skip to main content

{our weekend}

So, this weekend was GORGEOUS.  And we didn’t go out on the lake ONCE.  GASP.  It stresses me out when we are in town and don’t go out on the lake if it is pretty.  Last weekend, the weather wasn’t that great…so it was okay. This weekend, I was bummed. BUT, I couldn’t really be mad…because my dad and Mikey SLAVED away ALL day Saturday and Sunday and built our deck.  And it is AMAZING.   But, it just gives me a little bit of anxiety knowing the lake is SO close and we don’t take advantage when there are only so many gorgeous summer weekends.  Totally wish we would have this deck built in the fall or last winter, but that just wasn’t on our agenda back then.   Oh well, such is life.  We still had a great weekend, Mikey worked his tail off…and I played.  Haha, just kidding.  I played Saturday but did errands/cleaning/helped Sunday…so I wasn’t totally worthless;-)

 

Mikey got home Friday around 1 from SC Bankers School and started working immediately.  Friday was spent bringing all of the lumber home and getting all of the equipment ready for the build.  I was exhausted from a fun girls night sleepover the night before…and after a lowe’s trip and dinner we were home and in bed by 10.  It was great.  Because….Saturday came bright and early.  My dad was at our house before 7….WHAT the WHAT?!?  He said he threw some boards around to wake us up, but apparently that noise machine is GOOD.  Anyways, Mikey was up by 7:30 helping and I had to make a Lowe’s run for them around 8.  Collins slept till 9:30.  WOAH.  My mom was keeping my niece and nephew for the day so we all took off to the zoo for a bit while the boys worked.  It was FUN and HOT.  But, the kids enjoyed it and it was a nice little outing.  But, when we got home it was time for some WATER.  My mama stayed at our house while Collins and Grady napped and I took Belle to the pool for a bit.  Then, the babies came and joined us later.  It was a nice few hours hanging out in the cool pool on a HOT July day. 


All this happened Saturday. Impressive. 

 Zoo. 

 

Saturday night we headed over to a friend’s house for a little cook out.  This is becoming quite the norm and I LOVE it.  Collins loves playing with other kids and the adults get to enjoy themselves tooJ  We were home around 11:30, POOPED and ready for bed. 


Happy girls!!


 

Sunday was much of the same for Mikey and my dad.  Collins and I played all day…ran some errands and I cleaned and did random things around the house.  I am so impressed with everything that was done to our back deck…we even put together all of our new patio furniture…fun times!!  It was a good, SERIOUSLY productive weekend around the Glenn casa.  The only reason I was okay NOT being on the lake was because we will be in BEAUFORT for the next THREE weekends.  Can I get a big WOOHOO to that?!  Cannot wait.  We are finally taking our week long vacation the first week of August…and it is going to be heavenly. 

 

That’s all for today, friends.

 

Happy Monday!


Xoxo

Comments

  1. Yay for a new deck!!! Don't you love having a dad that builds? HA! I know I do! PS- love the new wingback!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer