Skip to main content

lately.

Although I feel like I have had NO free time lately...I have been able to squeeze in some fun every once in a while. Which is, of course, VERY important. We have been SO very busy with the house lately, every once in a while I just have to STOP (or I will never do it) and enjoy myself. 

The weekend of July 14 was a BIG weekend for us to do house stuff.  Mikey had been gone to bankers school all the prior week and was just getting home...I had a to- do list a mile long!  However, we did have a wedding to attend that Saturday night which was a very nice (and needed) break from the chaos.  My best friend's little sister got married, so it was a good night to hang out and catch up with Chapin folks:-) 



PS: can we talk about my hair in the above two pictures?  The first one was close to the end of the night and I had tucked it behind my ear by then (my hair girl would be so mad!)...but I got SO many compliments on it...wanna know WHY?? BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT.  ugh!! HA!  My hair girl is also a good friend and she was going to be near my house that Saturday so she came over and gave me a good blow out.  Now, WHY in the world can't I make it look like that?!?  So frustrating.  I mean she just used a round brush and a hair dryer, nothing else!  I need to practice...you know, in all that spare time I have right now.

This past weekend Mikey was going to Charleston for a bachelor party and my dad was out of town as well, so my mom came and stayed with me and WE WORKED OUR TAILS OFF all day Saturday deep cleaning the house.  I couldn't have done it all without her.  I had yet to really give it a good cleaning...and it needed it.  Considering there was still some saw dust on windowsills, etc. from having the floors re-done.  So thankful for a wonderful mama!  I did take a couple hours out Sunday to enjoy some pool time with my besties and their little girls.  I wish it could have lasted a little longer but it was fun and I hope to have LOTS more of these days in the future! 


And another Beaufort trip....I have to sneak them in as often as possible:-)  Mikey had to work the weekend of the 22nd, so I went to Beaufort for a quick trip...I say quick because I got there Friday night at 9 and left EARLY Sunday morning.  My mom took Collins down Friday morning, so she could spend lots of time with her cousins.  This was a "family" weekend in Beaufort...and a lot of the family was there, but more importantly ALL of the GREAT grandchildren were there...so duh, Collins could NOT miss out on this photo op!  It was Beaufort Water Festival weekend, which is one of my very favorite weekends of the year...although, sadly I didn't get to enjoy it like I normally do.  We just decided for the guys to go in the boat and the ladies would stay by the pool with the kids.  It wasn't practical to take Collins on the boat that day because it was going to be a LONG day/trip, and I didn't want to leave her with my mom all day because I wanted to spend some time with my sweet munchkin.  We still had wonderfully relaxing day by the pool, it was so fun to watch all of the little kids play together.

Collins' oldest cousins, with their matching red lipstick from their DB!
 Most of the kids on the joggling board.
 And now, ALL of the Richardson GREAT grandchildren.  It might be a few years before we can get a good picture where ALL of the kids are smiling/looking/not crying....but I love it just as much now!

I'll have to post some house progress pictures soon, because from the looks of my posts it looks all I do is play...but I assure you, that is NOT the case.  We have gotten SO, SO much done around the house...YIPPEEE!!!

I may just have some deep thoughts later in the week, stay tuned.  XOXO.

Comments

  1. Your hair does look fab! Ever since I got my hair super short, velcro rollers have been my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer