Skip to main content

{6 months} 8.17.2012


Little Colls,

You brighten your daddy’s and my world more and more every day.  You really are the absolute best thing in our lives and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents.  It’s hard to believe it has been SIX months since you entered this world, you haven’t stopped smiling since.  I say a prayer of thanks every day as you are such a content, happy little babe.  Your smiles and giggles bring tremendous joy to our hearts.  Thank you for being YOU and thank you for making this whole transition into the world of parenthood go so smoothly for us.  We love you to the MOON and back.

You continue to grow, thrive, explore and change every day.  We went for your 6 month check up this morning and you definitely crawled all around the table…even if it is a low crawl/army crawl/scoot you are MOVING for sure.  Most of the time you move backwards, but not today little boog!  If I ever take the time to figure out how to put videos on here…I have TWO full minutes recorded of your VERY slow first crawl.  You love to laugh out loud, and talk constantly although no definite “first words” yet.  Your hands are in your mouth practically all the time…teeth will be soon.   You still LOVE your thumb, it soothes you best.  You sleep on your tummy all the time and most of the time with your little hiney high in the air, melts my heart.  You had your first cold this past week on our family vacation to Beaufort…but it didn’t seem to bother you too much…just lots of bulb syringe time, which you do NOT like.  We just switched you to size TWO diapers last week and 6 month footed jammies.  You can still wear a lot of 3 month clothes, but are mostly in 3-6/6 month outfits and dresses.  *In your 6 month pictures you are still rocking your 3 month pink onesie…so maybe by 7 month photos we will use your new one!*  We installed your bumper jumper last night and you LOVED it…that and the exercauser keep you entertained for a while.  You are definitely sitting up and have been for a couple of weeks now…slowly getting steadier by the day.  You have now eaten oatmeal, bananas, and sweet potatoes.  We started sweet potatoes for the first time the night your turned 6 months and you really LOVE them, a carb lover like your mama:-)  We are going to introduce some peas, apples,  and green beans over the next week.  Your hair is lightening up a bit to a light brown; it was much darker when you were a newborn.  And (!!!) your bald spot on the back of your head is finally starting to grow in, yay!!!  You are our little petite peanut and we love you so very much.

6 months:
Weight:  14.5 (13%)
Height: 25 (12%)
Bottles/nursing: four times a day
Food: cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes: three meals a day
Bedtime: between 8 and 8:30, depending on how well you napped that day.  You still nap very well for me, but at day care you cat nap a bunch and haven’t quite figured out how to sleep for a while thru all the noise.  You start stirring around 6 or 6:30 in the mornings, but you just talk to yourself for about five minutes and then go back to sleep;  during the week we wake you up at 7 to nurse before we leave for work.  *I am now pump free and just nurse you twice a day ,then you get two bottles during the day of formula.*  On the weekends/ vacation you will sleep until 8 or 8:30.  You still are an amazing sleeper!
Nicknames: little C, Colls, Collins Bollins, boot (your granddaddy)
Loves: anything in your mouth, exercauser, jumper, food!, tummy time play.

Six month photo session.  These are getting harder and harder to accomplish as you don't like to sit still for long and it is almost impossible for me to get you to smile by myself while holding a big huge camera.  We will have to make sure daddy is around for your 7 month shoot!

What, mom?  I really just want to suck my thumb...

 or eat my feet....
 Yay!  Finally a smile.
 Stare contest.
 Sitting up so strong!
 I hope the next 6 months go as wonderful as the first.  XOXO.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer