Skip to main content

Not quite as exciting as Beyonce's announcement...

BUT...we are having a BABY!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it. These past couple of months have been CRAZY. It is such a bizarre feeling; there are so many different emotions I have gone through...EXCITED, SCARED, WORRIED, GIDDY, etc.

The details:

I took a pregnancy test on Monday June 27th. I wasn't even technically "late" yet, but ummm...it was the first month we started trying and I had a test at the house...so I figured, why not?!? *All the while thinking to myself...there is NO way it happened on the first time and Caroline,...if this is how you are at month one, what in the world are you going to do if it takes a long time...drive yourself crazy, that's what!!* Anyways...I had one of those digital tests that reads "pregnant or not pregnant" ...I'm telling you it wasn't even 15 seconds later that it read PREGNANT!! I was floored. Mikey was at his soccer game, so I ran up to Rite Aid and bought two more boxes of tests...a little much, you think? Just wait. Ha. I took two more that night, they were the + or - kind...and although the lines were fairly light, they were definitely positive. I was freaking out, FREAKING. I just didn't think there was any chance in the world that it would happen on the FIRST time. I mean, even though we had "tried" ...it's still CRAZY to actually think about it and know that...HOLY COW WE ARE HAVING A BABY. So, then...my crazy self starts googling false positives on pregnancy tests and miscarriages, etc. I just can't help it. Maybe that means I'm a glass half empty type person, but I was so scared to let myself get too excited.

Mikey got home from soccer, and I had dinner on the table. He sat down and started eating, and I whipped out the three tests and said SURPRISE!! He couldn't believe it, I think his first reaction was a cute little smile and a "well, damn." Ha! I think he was convinced (because of me) that it would take a while too. The next week our emotions were all over the place, we were ecstatic, but at the same time SCARED.

Our first doctors appointment was scheduled for July 14...I think those were the longest two weeks of my life. Seriously. (Oh and if anyone is scratching their head, looking at me in pictures during the 4th of July...I was FAKE drinking!! There is no way I could go three nights during a holiday weekend and NOT drink, everyone would KNOW...I mean I'm not an alcoholic, but come on; the beach, boat, my favorite holiday, and not have a couple beverages?? We didn't want to tell anyone until we had been to the doctor, not even my parents. So...I faked it! It worked perfectly, no one had a clue!) So anyways, we had an ultrasound on July 14 that confirmed we had a little peanut in the oven. I was SEVEN weeks then. That seems like YEARS ago now.

We told our families that weekend! That is for another post. We were still scared though...you just hear so many stories of miscarriages during the first trimester. But, there was no way I could keep it from my parents that long.

I am so thankful that we are out of the first trimester, and everything appears to be going smoothly for now. I pray so hard every night for this little miracle inside of me, the parent worrying definitely starts RIGHT away. I'm constantly thinking about all the things that could go wrong. But, we are also OVER THE MOON excited about this and absolutely cannot wait to meet baby Glenn sometime around the first of March.

Our first little peek at the peanut, hey mommy and daddy:)

How far along? 15 weeks!

Size of the baby? About 4 inches long, about the size of an apple.

Maternity Clothes? Not yet!! I’ve been wearing LOTS of dresses, so no worries there. Some pants are definitely getting too tight, but I’m hoping I can use the “ponytail” method for a couple of weeks before I switch to full out maternity pants.

Gender? Not a clue. We find out in a couple of weeks, cannot wait!

Movement? None.

Sleep? Not a problem right now.


Cravings?
None yet.

Symptoms? My boobs were INSANELY sore the first trimester and I broke out like a freakin’ pre teen, but thankfully I had NO morning sickness EVER…so besides lots of tummy troubles (gas, bloating, icky!) I’ve felt great!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new blessing! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goshhhhhhh! Congratulations, what excellent news! I'm going to have to go back to your July 4th pic now and see you faking it! That is awesome. Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy. If you had to guess now just based on intuition ... boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyyy! Congratulations! So excited for y'all. You're going to be a wonderful mom! (And I had to wait FOUR weeks before finding out and going to the doc. Agonizing! So glad that part is over for both of us.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS {again}!
    1. They asked me if I was going to whip open my jacket like Beyonce once I was at Sugar and reveal the belly bump underneath. ha um, no...only Beyonce...
    2. I laughed because I had to do some "fake drinking' too after we first found out. Who are we? Alcoholics? :)
    3. Just so so so so so excited for you guys that it happened so quick and has been a HEALTHY pregnancy for you and that you have felt great. What a blessing! You are going to be a great mom!

    Excited to follow along! Congrats again and YAY for early 2012 babies :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer