Skip to main content

Day 15 and a tropical depression?

Sorry folks, work has been keeping me crazy busy lately and we have been pretty busy social bees at night lately which equals NO time to blog. Literally, yesterday...I drove to Georgetown and back for a hearing....SIX hours in the car, had to rush home to shower and get ready for a charity event we were attending last night. Whew, this girl is WORN out. *On a side note, this was my first Charity Wine Tasting and it was super cool. The event was to raise money for Childrens Chance, a wonderful organization that helps families who have children with cancer....they help to pay for anything and everything from their bills, new tires, mortgage payments, hotel rooms, etc. There were over 100 labels to taste and a silent auction. A fun night for a good cause, how much better does it get?

So...on to Day 15: Favorite Bible Verse.

My favorite Bible verses are pretty much the most popular ones, but I guess there is a reason they are the most popular right? These just speak to me the most...

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And now....I think a tropical DEPRESSION may be approaching MEXICO this January....

Say what you ask? What is this crazy girl talking about? Mikey is the Chamber of Commerce representative for Carolina First Bank this year, the Chamber sponsors a trip every January to a tropical destination for their highest donating businesses. My best friend works for the chamber and we have always been super jealous at these super awesome, FREE trips she gets to go on. Well, this year....we are 99% sure Mikey "and guest"/ahem...me BITCHES" gets to go! Woohooo, a free all inclusive trip to the Rivera Maya, YES please.

However kiddos, this means DIET must start PRONTO. And let's not even talk about the fact that this may be the hardest time of year to diet. Ugh. I mean for real, I have TWO months to get this body bikini ready. TWO months amidst days of sweet potato casserole, stuffing and gravy, mashed taters, etc....HAVE MERCY. How in the hell am I gonna do it? Eeekk..."free five days in Mexico, free five days in Mexico...that MUST be my mantra EVERY morning now. It's time to whip this ass into shape, and like real quick.

Check ya later for now...it's lunch and this girl is HUNGRY=)

*I will be trying my absolute hardest to avoid Chick fil A for the next two months, I've had it like 5 times in the past two weeks...oops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer