Skip to main content

7 days.

7 more days as a “20 something.”  Ouch.  This terrifies me.  I know it shouldn’t.  But, it does.  Just being honest here. 

 

Let me start this post with this disclaimer:  I am BEYOND blessed.  I am married to an amazing guy; we have a beautiful daughter, I have the absolute BEST family, and am surrounded by AMAZING friends.  Mikey and I both have good jobs in careers we enjoy.  We have a nice roof over our heads and can put food on our tables.

 

So, Caroline…what’s the problem!?!

 

I really think it all has to do with the anxiety I feel when I think about just HOW DAMN FAST life goes by.  And of course, we are reminded all the time that for some…life is WAY TOO short, and that hurts like hell.  And I think, inevitably, it is just engrained in me that the OLDER I get the closer I get to leaving this wonderful life and the less amount of time I have to enjoy it.  Pretty depressing, right?  I know…in all reality and hopefully more than likely, I still have MANY, MANY years left on this earth with the people that I love…but you just NEVER know.  And I think that terrifies me. 

 

Aging is inevitable, I get that.  Obviously. But, it doesn’t really make it any easier.   I *know* some of my absolute BEST years are ahead of me, raising my kid(s) etc. , but it doesn’t take away the fact that THIRTY LONG years have gone by in the BLINK of an eye.  THIRTY.  I would swear I was celebrating 21 just a couple of years ago, not NINE.  So what does that mean for the next 30…will they go by even faster?  Probably.  And that scares me too.  I try so hard to enjoy EVERY moment of EVERY day and cherish all of my time with my loved ones…but no matter what, life goes on and time slips away from us faster than I ever care to admit. 

 

So, I am going to give myself this week to have a pity party and let it sink in that I am entering a new decade in life.  Come Monday, I’ll try and have a new attitude and EXCITEMENT for THIRTY.  *try being the operative word here, folks*

Comments

  1. Ha ha. I turn 30 this year, too. EEK! Great seeing you over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer