Skip to main content

Suburbia.

Hello, Suburbia! The Glenn family has arrived:-) This is my first time EVER living in a TRUE neighborhood. Mikey grew up in one and has always been a HUGE advocate, but I've never lived in one, and I am loving it so far. I mean...the two nights we have spent the night there and all. The first night we started moving in we had three different neighbors come introduce themselves and talk a while, so fun!!

Of course I am going to have to document all of the wonderful renovations we have planned for this house. It already looks completely different because the floors are already done and the walls are painted....and kitchen cabs are being painted as we speak, so excited! I think this house has some pretty good bones, it was just way too bland for my personal taste. I know they painted a lot of rooms for "selling" purposes so it was just all beige/khaki and screamed BORING. Well, that didn't take long to fix! Thank goodness for Sherwin Williams and their 30% off sales, we LOADED up.

We began moving in on Friday June 29 (and let me just state for the record... this day in Columbia SC broke the RECORD for hottest days EVER...it got to 108 degrees, and this was the day we chose to move? YUCK!) We were really only moving our stuff into the garage as we couldn't move anything onto the main level of the house because the floors were going to be re-done. We worked our butts off that weekend...moving/unpacking/ripping up carpet on the stairs/taking up the shoe molding/etc. The floors were started that Saturday and Mikey and I painted Collins' nursery and an upstairs guest room that weekend as well. We paid professionals to paint the foyer and living room, master bedroom, kitchen, kitchen cabinets and breakfast room...and it is all almost done! YIPPPEEEEE YAY!!! Although I HATE spending money on painting because it is something we CAN do...we just don't have the time right now to devote to it. I had to have professionals do the foyer and living room because they are two story ceilings and we wanted professionals to do the cabinets so they got done RIGHT. I think this weekend I will FINALLY get to organize my kitchen...this makes me so incredibly happy.

As if life hasn't been crazy enough lately...Mikey had to leave Sunday afternoon for bankers school for the WEEK. So, Collins and I stayed at our new house for the first time by ourselves Sunday night! Very brave of me:-) I am kind of a wuss when it comes to being by myself, I will admit. But, it was fine! My parents have almost everything moved out of their house and it allows me to do some work at night at our new house after Collins goes to bed. The whole house is still a complete MESS...I finally got our closet mostly organized but that's really about it. I have been sleeping in the upstairs guest room because we are going to rip up the carpet and put hardwoods down in the master, so we may not be moving in there for a couple of weeks. Let me just tell you, the next time I move...I am going to take a full week off of work! Geesh! I am just having to CHILL out and not freak that everything is SO, SO out of order. It will get there, one day.

Anyways, that's enough rambling...I can't wait to start documenting all of our fun projects, so to begin, here are the pictures of the house from the MLS. I've got LOTS to do!!

Upstairs shared bath.  This will be the "kids" bathroom.  I've got big plans for a FUN, BRIGHT, HAPPY space.
Upstairs bedroom one.  Now Collins' nursery.
This is the biggest upstairs bedroom with it's own private bath.  I decided not to do Collins' room in here because I figured when we have another baby, I would rather the kids share a bathroom.
The FROG.  Love those built-ins.  I want this room to serve as a second den and also a playroom.  Collins' room and the other future baby Glenn's room are not that big, so we will definitely need a play area. 
Screened in porch.  That green carpet?  YUCK.  Must come up pronto.  We are going to put a TV out here and make it a cozy outside living area. 
Back yard. We intend to extend the deck out to the whole left side of the house.  Right now, the deck is basically just a "grilling" deck and we want a big deck where we can have outdoor seating, etc.
From corner of breakfast room looking into kitchen and living room.  The main color downstairs in the foyer/living room and hallways is Passive by SW (a very light gray).  I had to go LIGHT and AIRY because this house does not get that much natural light in the back part and I don't want it to look too dark.  The kitchen, breakfast room, and dining room are all going to be painted Watery by SW.  It is one shade darker than the tidewater that I had in my last kitchen; I just wanted something with a little more depth to it.
Looking into the foyer from living room.
Dining room.
Kitchen up close. I really, really want to put in new countertops...but I promised my dad I would wait and live with these for a while after having the cabinets painted.  It's not like my dad is really holding me back but I do get that it is throwing money away since these are nice.  We will just see....
Living room.  We are going to have my dad build HUGE built in's on the long wall where the long couch is currently sitting and leave the mantle open for pretty art work!
The master.  So bland.  We have painted this room Waterscape by SW (same as my former bedroom).  Dark hardwood floors coming next!
Master Bath.  Will be painted Waterscape as well.  I also want to get rid of that mirror and get individual ones, and paint the cabinets dark.  I know...where I have dark cabinets I want them white and where I have white, I want them dark.  CRAZY!
Other upstairs guest room (future nursery). No worries, not for a while;-)
So, there's the tour. 

Until next time...xoxo.

Comments

  1. Moving into a new house is so exciting!! Congrats on the new place and I am sure it will look great.
    -Katie
    Athomewhenimwithyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP IT! Gorgeous house. OMG it's going to look even better once you get done remodeling. So nice, makes me want to move/build even more!!!! Chad says I have to wait until we "outgrow" this one (aka have another baby) so I'm like you, I will gladly wait a while for that to happen. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of your new home! I can't wait to see it in person. Give that sweet baby of yours kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer