Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk.

This weekend exhausted me. I did way too much. I don't think it's "registered" that maybe I should slow down a little bit being 9 months pregnant. I cleaned and ran errands all morning Saturday then we had a wedding at 4. By the time I got to the reception my feet and back were DONE. Sunday was non stop as well...I went to a friends first thing to bring over last minute items for the baby shower we were hosting there that afternoon. We then went to church, we finally joined this Sunday...yay! The service was good and my parents came and several of our friends were there...so that was nice. We went and had a nice lunch with my parents before I had to scoot out to help host a baby shower for my bestest Jennifer! Everything ended up looking beautiful and I think the mommy to be enjoyed herself. I've started to swell a bit though...so standing on my feet for long periods of time is no good, at least for the cankle factor. Thank goodness we chose to go over to some friends for the super bowl where I could RELAX. It was just the four of us and their adorable little girl, laid back night of watching football and eating pizza. We stayed until the third quarter and then I had to call it a night, I was EXHAUSTED.

I'm being negative right now about being pregnant...and I don't like it, but OH MY WORD. Somewhere around the 36 week mark I went downhill fast. By the time I get home from work I am tired OUT, and my back is killing me...and I take my socks off and still look I have socks on. WTH? I try to rest and elevate my feet to take down the swelling but then if I lay on my back too long it makes my back feel worse. Hmmmph. I keep apologizing to Mikey for being negative and complaining, thank goodness he is being absolutely WONDERFUL and tells me to complain away:) He really has been phenomenal lately...going above and beyond around the house so I don't have to do anything. MUCH appreciated. They say you get an energy boost before the baby comes...so whenever that wants to appear would be GRAND.

On a happy POSITIVE note, Mikey and I both have work baby showers this week. I think it is so sweet that they are doing that. I kinda knew I would get one because we did it for the other girls, but for Mikey's bank employees to throw him a "man" shower makes me smile, so nice.

On another POSITIVE note, the crib bedding came in and looks AWESOME! YAY!

I bought a fake ring a couple of weeks ago...it has already turned and makes my finger GREEN. hahaha, looks so ridiculous but I don't care! My mom retained a lot of fluid at the end and had to have her ring cut off so I wasn't going to take any chances.

I thought the Super Bowl ads were pretty lame for the most part and I did NOT think Madonna was that impressive. Sure the overall "show" looked good, but her LACK of singing?? Not so much.

I'm looking forward to a couple of "easy" weekends before the baby comes. We only have a few parties/showers/etc over the next few weekends and other than that we can RELAX.

I started Sarah's Key last night, I think it is going to be very good and very sad.

That's all I've got for today...off to my THIRTY SEVEN week appointment!

Comments

  1. Caroline-- I love reading your blog and following your pregnancy. I remember around the 35 week mark I turned into a negative nancy and hated being pregnant. Haha it only lasted for A week and then I felt better again. Enjoy your last few weeks just the 2 of yall. And definitely relax and sleep in these next few weeks. Kip and I are thinking of y'all!!! Yaou two will be great parents :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer