Skip to main content

my monday thoughts.

1. I'm a die hard gamecock fan. (duh). But, I would much rather Georgia go ahead and beat Auburn (sorry Ange!) and let them go to the SEC championship and get their butts whipped by LSU. Let's face it, the East hasn't been nearly as dominant as the West the past couple years and this year is no different. Carolina and Georgia would both get killed by LSU and Alabama, my opinion so after last years brutal beating we got by Auburn, I say let Georgia go and get it done to them. Carolina (hard to say this as much as I love em') does NOT deserve to be ranked as high as we were and does not deserve to go to the SEC championship. Sorry, y'all. Facts are facts.

2. HOLY MOLY ...Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I know I talk about this all the time, but FO' REAL?!? How did this happen? Time just needs to chill out a bit. But, it won't...especially as long as I continue to fill my calendar with non stop events. I hosted two wedding showers/parties my birthday weekend (end of september) have had a wedding weekend, a shower, a wedding, and several other random obligations in between since then. This weekend I am at it again, hosting TWO showers/parties for my best friends...one being at my house. All the while, trying to plan, and purchase stuff for a nursery and working MUCH more than I am accustomed to, not complaining...just adjusting:)

3. And woah, can we talk about how tired I am? I thought the 2nd trimester was supposed to be all rainbows and butterflies. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely thankful that I have had a very easy pregnancy thus far (and no sickness ever definitely helped!) BUT...I can get a full 8 hours of sleep and I am still exhausted by 3 pm the next day. My worst hours are always that 3-5 time and then I normally get a second wind, but being pregnant...it's so much worse. I feel drained by 3pm...yuck!

4. I absolutely HATE all things reality tv and always have. I don't watch the bachelor, bachelorette, kardashians, anything. I have now just about HAD it with these stupid people getting famous for doing NOTHING. I wish I could control everyone and make people stop watching these FOOLS, so they will stop making money. It makes me sick. So, the latest Kardashian drama just infuriates me. I will flip the channel past E and they are still airing the STUPID scam of a wedding....gah people, MOVE ON. * I understand a lot of people need mindless stupid tv to watch as that is there way to unwind, but lordy...can't you watch some mindless sitcom or something. So sick of these "non celebrity" celebs getting paid millions to be fame whores! END RANT.

5. We are still kicking it in the mid 70's here in south cackalack. I love it. I dislike the time change, I don't like it getting dark at 6pm...it makes me feel like the day is done and over with. Blah. Winter blues entering. I hate winter. I am glad that the worst part of my pregnancy will occur in the winter though, I can just hibernate the winter away with my big ole' belly

6. I'm pretty sure we have decided 100% on the name, this makes me very happy:)

7. I've got the crib, dresser, and glider ordered. Actually, the crib and dresser are already in...just want to get the room painted first. YAY! Going to buy the paint tonight as Sherwin Williams is having a 40% off sale! Slowly but surely, the nursery is coming along!

Comments

  1. Gross. I HATE reality TV too! People complain about "what's come of our country" blah blah blah ... BUT THEY STILL WATCH. Yuck! Preach on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer