Skip to main content

beach trip recap 1


Why do vacations have to FLY by?  I swear, the first couple of days seemed to go at a normal pace, but the closer we got to the end of the week the faster it went!  We had a WONDERFUL, relaxing, restful and fun week vacation at the beach.  Of course, we were hit by normal life occurrences throughout (I had a stupid sinus infection/cold and lost my voice, Collins got some kind of 12 hour bug, and Graham got an ear infection and we had to spend one morning at the minute clinic)…but nonetheless it was a perfect week.  We slept late, went to bed early and napped every day😉  We got lots of rest!  I was able to have 2-3 hours per day on the beach ALL BY MYSELF while the kids napped, how freaking amazing is that!?!  Thank you, Mikey!  At these ages, my kids are not huge “stay on the beach all day” kids.  It kinda drives me nuts because I LOVE the beach….but hopefully it’ll change as they get older.  Of course, two, two year olds on the beach is definitely work and they aren’t at the stage where they can go swim…so I get it.  And the jellyfish were AWFUL (my niece got stung 4 times) so Collins was a little leery of getting in too far out.  But, we built a million sandcastles and brought a baby pool to the beach where they could dump sand into and water out of (HA!) and keep them entertained. 

 

For the weekend, it was everyone in my family except my SIL, who couldn’t make it because of work.  It’s always so fun and chaotic when everyone is together!  We went to dinner one night, and then to the arcade and out for ice cream the other…we were a hot, sweaty mess.  But, we had fun and that’s all that counts!

 

I’ll let the pics do the talking…these are from the first weekend we were there.


Granddaddy pile up!!

All five!

Love this:-) my nephew, Grady LOVES G and T so much!
Lolly and Granddaddy and their five 
All of us!
Chaos
My sweet G
Me and my girl 
Heart melter 
My wonderful mama and me
My wild man 
And my boo.
Arcade fun



So. Freakin'. Messy. 


 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer