Skip to main content

8 weeks.

I cannot believe my sweet girl is EIGHT weeks old today. This is such a bittersweet milestone for me, I am so happy because she is such a good baby and I love that she is smiling at us a good bit now, it makes my heart melt...BUT I am SAD because her 8 week mark also means mama has to go back to work. YUCK.

Anyways, I've been wanting to write out what all the little one has been up to so I won't forget. Thank the LORD our girl has been sleeping 8 -9 hours a night for over two weeks now!! *with one or two exceptions* I in NO way think this is it, I know babies go thru LOTS of different stages and I am sure there will be a time in our very near future where she will start waking up in the middle of the night...but let me just celebrate this victory for now. She generally goes to bed anywhere between 9:30 and 10 and sleeps anywhere from 5:30 to 7!! I pray she keeps this schedule up for a bit though so I can get adjusted to going back to work...b/c I am sure once I do get adjusted to the working mom thing her routine will change again! She really isn't so interested in a paci, I don't want to force it...but it sure is nice for those times she gets fussy in public. Every once in a while she will take it, but what she REALLY wants is her fingers! She's so close...right now she just pretty much sucks on her whole fist, ha! Every now and then I'll catch her with two fingers in just the way Mikey and myself sucked our fingers!!! How funny! She has rolled over a couple of times from her tummy to her back She generally enjoys tummy time and in fact it sometimes calms her down if she is fussy. She holds her head up really well during tummy time and loves to look around. WHITE NOISE is my best friend...she definitely sleeps to it, but it also works wonders to help soothe her. I have an app on my phone and if I know she isn't hungry and she is just fussy (which generally happens in the late afternoon/early evening) that will help to calm her. She really only CRIES when she is hungry and she will let you know it:) Otherwise, she just fusses a bit, but nothing too loud/intolerable! Thankfully! Of course, I know this could change any day now! We have a pretty good routine right now but we are also on the go a LOT and she does very well adjusting. She has already been to THREE Carolina baseball games! GO COCKS! It'll be so tough going back to work Monday, but at least I know she will be in the VERY BEST hands with my wonderful mom! (she's keeping her until July when she will start childcare).

What we have been up to.........

My best friend Jennifer gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Saturday April 7, Reynolds Murray Carlisle. Since it was Easter weekend and we were in Beaufort we didn't get to meet him until Wednesday!

Collins and Reynolds getting WILD on their very first play date:)


best friends!
smiling baby!
House Divided! Daddy cheers for the Citadel Bulldogs (the only time he doesn't pull for the Gamecocks)...Collins kept it real with her mama pulling on the COCKS and we won!!!
Another play date! We put them both in the swing together, they don't look too thrilled do they!?! ha!
Happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 family Village Creek trip

Our 2019 summer family vacation was everything I could have asked for, and more!  This year, my parents and nephew joined us for the week so we had extra fun!  (and extra chaos of course, too!)  We did ALL the things, but yet also did ALL the relaxing.  We arrived on G and T's actual, bday so we started our trip with a special birthday lunch in downtown Beaufort with just the boys since Collins rode down with my mom.  We also finally experienced the drive in movie that night for Toy Story 4 and it was AWESOME!  We only had one day of cloudy weather so that was awesome!  We ventured to Bohicket Marina, Harbor Town, Harbor Island, Edisto Island, Botany Bay, our favorite sandbar AND downtown Beaufort by boat, we had a ball!   My dad got some AMAZING fireworks and we had a little show for the culdesac, so much fun!!  Mikey and I even got to sneak out one night for a date night, headed to our fav, Sal

My Pinterest inspired master bedroom makeover part one.

The BEFORE pictures. I've been itching to re-do my master bedroom for quite some time now. I am one of those people that likes to re decorate quite often...unfortunately for my bank account. Mikey's mom bought him a full queen sized bedroom suite when he graduated college, which was wonderful. It is very nice furniture and has served us well. But, I am SOOO sick of all the dark matchy-matchy look it brings. I will use this furniture again in a guest bedroom one day...but for now, it's time to retire it from my master. All of my bedding and rug I had previously...I've now had this zebra/brown/green theme for almost 4 years...so over it! Fortunately for us...my brother and SIL got a new bed...so what do we get?? Their old KING size bed!! Woohoo. I do NOT like for people to touch me when I sleep, I need my space...I've been wanting a king for so long. Even though our room isn't the biggest the king is working out okay...we aren't going to be in this h

These are the days.

Goodness gracious, I LOVE summer.  I talk it to death every year, but it is especially important to me during this season of life where the school year brings homework/schedules/strict bed times/extra curricular craziness- I appreciate the LAZY days of summer EVEN MORE. I've tried to be intentional about taking a half day here and there to soak up TIME with my babies.  Because Lord knows, they aren't babies for long.  (Yes, I'm referring to my 7 and 5 year olds as babies- #cantstopwontstop ) When we returned from our anniversary trip, we got back early on a Tuesday and used the rest of the day to spend quality family time together.  We took the kids to a local water park, this was all of our first time visiting- and we had a ball!   That same week, my girl and I dressed up and attended her very first company banquet for dance, too much fun!  Lake days with friends are sooooo good for me- we've so enjoyed many of them this summer